Samsung the Frame 2020 vs Samsung Q70R

hemil3000

Hello everyone. My budget for a 65 inch TV is between 1-1.3L. Which of the 2 models should I buy? My usage will include watching movies , sports and playing PlayStation 4/5 in moderate/good lighting.

Hello everyone. My budget for a 65 inch TV is between 1-1.3L. Which of the 2 models should I buy? My usage will include watching movies , sports and playing PlayStation 4/5 in moderate/good lighting.
Q70R for sure. However, if you can increase budget a little and search, Sony X950g can be had under 1.4, these days.

What price are you getting the Q70R for? between these models, its Q70r for sure.

Before purchasing Q70R, ensure you check out it's FALD's performance in game mode. 2019 Samsung TVs have mediocre to bad performance in game mode.

Yes! Unless it's priced too close to BX OLED obviously. Then go for the OLED. Not sure if X9000H will fall under 1.3 though.
I can stretch it to 1.45 if needed to get x900h. Do u think there is any chance t get B9 or BX - 65 inches for that value?

Is HDMI 2.1 that important compared to VRR for gaming?
Yes.( Atleast for 120hz ).. as for rest like Q70r for example it can play 1440 on 120hz but not 4k.cause 4k 120 hz needs 40-48 Gbps which only 2.1 hdmi can provide. If u are buying it for gaming tight budget and then u have to compromise a bit go for the frame 2020..minus point only not full array and only edge lit ..if not go for this Q70r no 2.1 hdmi but full array in both case u win some lose some...

If u are into cod or other multiplayer games aswell as fifa nba and other sports game yes they will be 120 fps or atleast they say..rest single player game like Assassin creed Valhalla, watch dogs legion, cyberpunk 2077, or anyother most em are 60 fps..so pick you poison if budget tight go 4 TV's u mention.. if not, oled is your Oyster sure u can also check out Q95T if u want extremely high brightness tv... Cheers. !!

Last edited:

Is HDMI 2.1 that important compared to VRR for gaming?

Some HDMI 2.0 implementations might have VRR till 60 Hz, but it's a standard feature in 2.1 and go higher than 60 Hz, and if you're buying a TV 2020 and you do game, why not be future proof? Get the latest one and have peace of mind.

Samsung is known for horrible game mode. In 2020 they showed some improvements, but still many complaints. Check owner forums of TV you want to buy. Be 100% sure about what you'll get.

Some HDMI 2.0 implementations might have VRR till 60 Hz, but it's a standard feature in 2.1 and go higher than 60 Hz, and if you're buying a TV 2020 and you do game, why not be future proof? Get the latest one and have peace of mind.

Samsung is known for horrible game mode. In 2020 they showed some improvements, but still many complaints. Check owner forums of TV you want to buy. Be 100% sure about what you'll get.
Yes.( Atleast for 120hz ).. as for rest like Q70r for example it can play 1440 on 120hz but not 4k.cause 4k 120 hz needs 40-48 Gbps which only 2.1 hdmi can provide. If u are buying it for gaming tight budget and then u have to compromise a bit go for the frame 2020..minus point only not full array and only edge lit ..if not go for this Q70r no 2.1 hdmi but full array in both case u win some lose some...

If u are into cod or other multiplayer games aswell as fifa nba and other sports game yes they will be 120 fps or atleast they say..rest single player game like Assassin creed Valhalla, watch dogs legion, cyberpunk 2077, or anyother most em are 60 fps..so pick you poison if budget tight go 4 TV's u mention.. if not, oled is your Oyster sure u can also check out Q95T if u want extremely high brightness tv... Cheers. !!

So in regards with HDMI 2.1, do I take Sony x900h over The frame for better picture quality?

Is there any OLED that I can get below 1.5L in diwali sales then? Sony x9000h seems to have bad viewing angles.

If you want good viewing angles, you'll need a FALD set with wide angle filter. X950G will have that. I don't think you'll get that under 1.5l though, or any OLED either.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back