Samsung the Frame 2020 vs Samsung Q70R

Ya need a 65 incher for sure as my living room distance from sofa to TV is around 14 feet.
That's a 55incher though...
OP is looking for 65 inches.
Lol didn't see that my bad.....well it's better for u wait for diwali sale try on Amazon and flipkart on those days when they claim big "sale" who know u might get surprise and then try local store on last day of Vijaya Dasami..as it start of sale season I guess (just sayin of wht i heard...might be true or might not be abt sale date )

OLED in 1.5 is not available in 65 u want best option for u is the frame 1.39 plus some cash back don't know if that scheme is there or not...or Q70r if u get it under 1.5 tht is..but no.. 2.1

Lol didn't see that my bad.....well it's better for u wait for diwali sale try on Amazon and flipkart on those days when they claim big "sale" who know u might get surprise and then try local store on last day of Vijaya Dasami..as it start of sale season I guess (just sayin of wht i heard...might be true or might not be abt sale date )

OLED in 1.5 is not available in 65 u want best option for u is the frame 1.39 plus some cash back don't know if that scheme is there or not...or Q70r if u get it under 1.5 tht is..but no.. 2.1
I know pq of q70r is better than sthe frame. So am asking is it worth to get the frame only for 2.1?

Hello everyone. My budget for a 65 inch TV is between 1-1.3L. Which of the 2 models should I buy? My usage will include watching movies , sports and playing PlayStation 4/5 in moderate/good lighting.
By looking at this side by side comparison, looks like Q70R provides a better VFM. Additionally Q70R supports local dimming. Although, it doesn't support hdmi 2.1, but Q70 can handle 4K at up to 120Hz, dynamic metadata (HDR10+), variable refresh rate (VRR), and auto low latency mode (ALLM).

By looking at this side by side comparison, looks like Q70R provides a better VFM. Additionally Q70R supports local dimming. Although, it doesn't support hdmi 2.1, but Q70 can handle 4K at up to 120Hz, dynamic metadata (HDR10+), variable refresh rate (VRR), and auto low latency mode (ALLM).

I don't think it's possible to handle 4k@120hz without hdmi 2.1

It's not. The Rtings link also mentions that. Should have read his own link....

If anyone wants to game on FALDs, go through owner forums of that TV and read about performance while gaming. Samsung TVs, especially 2018 and 2019 ones, are notorious for bad game mode, even Q90R.

You know, I too had the same doubt when I saw this in TechRadar. Technically, if it supports 4K 60Hz at full 4:4:4 color, it's kinda possible squeeze 4K 120Hz at 4:2:0 color (which halves the bandwidth usage), as long as the processor has enough juice to support that kind of load. Samsung is squeezing every bit of HDMI 2.0 (b) to make their spec sheet look good.

You know, I too had the same doubt when I saw this in TechRadar. Technically, if it supports 4K 60Hz at full 4:4:4 color, it's kinda possible squeeze 4K 120Hz at 4:2:0 color (which halves the bandwidth usage), as long as the processor has enough juice to support that kind of load. Samsung is squeezing every bit of HDMI 2.0 (b) to make their spec sheet look good.
This is beyond the specs of hdmi 2.0b and I don't think any consoles will support that. For pc, it will make the display look worse, specially for text. So for all practical purposes, it is useless IMHO.

This is beyond the specs of hdmi 2.0b and I don't think any consoles will support that. For pc, it will make the display look worse, specially for text. So for all practical purposes, it is useless IMHO.
Well, for PC Gaming 4:2:0 may not be a good idea, although Games are designed in such a way not to get affected much by Croma Sampling. For pure video contents like Movies, it's fine. As I said, manufacturer claim a lot to boost their spec sheet but how they perform at field is always debatable.

I know pq of q70r is better than sthe frame. So am asking is it worth to get the frame only for 2.1?
If u are doin pc gaming ..then yes 2.1 is need for 120hz...if only Console gaming go for q70r it only multiplayer game like Cod or gears something is gonna be 120 for now.. future who knows yet u still have 120hz as native who is more then enough...

Btw what's the price Q70r u getting ?? As it shown on website its quite expensive..

Btw what's the price Q70r u getting ?? As it shown on website its quite expensive..
If u are doin pc gaming ..then yes 2.1 is need for 120hz...if only Console gaming go for q70r it only multiplayer game like Cod or gears something is gonna be 120 for now.. future who knows yet u still have 120hz as native who is more then enough...

Around 1.35L for 65 inch.

Yes but still, the major missing point is HDMI 2.1. If I am spending so much on a TV in 2020, I might as well buy one with atleast 1HDMI 2.1 port.
as things stand you either have the frame but no backlight 65 inch with 2.1 which you want is there...or you have to compromise on size and get OLED for extra 10-20k... At the end of the day wht matter is wht do u want most 2.1 , backlight or those viewing angels, size....if u want all.. u have to let go of price...

as things stand you either have the frame but no backlight 65 inch with 2.1 which you want is there...or you have to compromise on size and get OLED for extra 10-20k... At the end of the day wht matter is wht do u want most 2.1 , backlight or those viewing angels, size....if u want all.. u have to let go of price...

I have now decided to pick 1 between Sony x900h and LG BX - 55 inches

Hi I have now decided to pick 1 between Sony x900h and LG BX - 55 inches
Go with the x900H.
I own an OLED as well but will still pick the x900h for worry free life. No doubt OLED is good but it can’t get as bright as x900 if you want to game in a lighted room.

With OLED you will always have doubt about burn in. You don’t need to worry about static images or anything with this.

Back