Samsung UA40B6000 mkv playback

abhifusion

Hi,
I have 40" 6 series LED tv model number mentioned in the title.
Under settings I have changed it to B7000 to enable Movie playback and it did play mkv movies over the pendrive in 2010-2011. In 2012 didnt bother to see any flick on tv :p ...

Lately I tried to play mkv file, tv just couldn't play it ! Tried different files but it just wont play a mkv file.

Can anyone with the same series tv post their service menu picture here? I dont remember changing other values in service menu but if in any case it has happened, there is a possiblity that I might get mkv playback back on TV if I return to stock values.

I found the problem,
My TV is UA40B6000VR (Had to unmount it fromm wall socket :( )... I have flashed firmware of UA40B6000VV (firmware version 2004 then upgraded to 2005) ... Whereas VR ka last firmware is version 2002... Now I'm not able to flash 2002v firmware through USB... TV just dont recognize the old firmware ...

Browsed through sammygo forums but there they have modded network enabled firmwares for UE/UN models, I'm not sure if they'll work on UA set; also procedures given there are bit complicated :sos:

Any kind of help will be appreciated !

I have done a b7000 firmware update to my old tv 46 b6000 and mkvs work fine however there is no DTS support. The best thing for you would be to purchased a HD media player instead.

#Audiodoc
Precisely, it didnt play DTS audio back then... But since the firmware update it wont play mkv at all... If possible can you post the screen shots of the service menu settings ? Mainly Control-> Sub options menu ?

Can I flash B7000 series firmware on B6000 ?

I have done a b7000 firmware update to my old tv 46 b6000 and mkvs work fine however there is no DTS support. The best thing for you would be to purchased a HD media player instead.

Precisely, it didnt play DTS audio back then... But since the firmware update it wont play mkv at all... If possible can you post the screen shots of the service menu settings ? Mainly Control-> Sub options menu ?

Can I flash B7000 series firmware on B6000 ?

Yes you can flash with the 7000 firmware. I had done so back in 2010. Presently use a panasonic GT50 plasma. Forgot how to enter the service menu of the Samsung.

Last edited:
I tried it all, nothing works after the latest firmware update :-/ ... Maybe its time to get decent media player ...

Yeah a cheap media player like asus Oplay mini or western digital one will be much better and more versatile with respect to media formats.

Not sure if these sub 5k media players will be able to support DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD ... Thinking of building HTPC from my old C2D PC since it barely has any resell value... Will have to wait till my next PC upgrade though ... :)

No most of these players don't support DTS hd ma or dd HD. However the rips that you will play usually are simple DTS or DD. The higher end format are available on blurays only and downloading 30 gb blurays is not easy with the available Internet speeds.

Not sure if these sub 5k media players will be able to support DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD ... Thinking of building HTPC from my old C2D PC since it barely has any resell value... Will have to wait till my next PC upgrade though ... :)

+1 to HTPC. A C2D processor can handle videos easily. Just add a GPU that can passthrough HD audio and 3D.

No most of these players don't support DTS hd ma or dd HD. However the rips that you will play usually are simple DTS or DD. The higher end format are available on blurays only and downloading 30 gb blurays is not easy with the available Internet speeds.
Actually I have few of those :p

+1 to HTPC. A C2D processor can handle videos easily. Just add a GPU that can passthrough HD audio and 3D.
Well 3D is not required since my TV dont support it ... I need GPU Cabinet and PSU, will start looking for them after Intel Haswell launch which will hopefully be my next rig :eek:hyeah:

The bad news for you is that for a htpc capable of decoding the HD audio formats to analog you need a heck of an audio card which will cost more than 10 to 15K. The other option is a capable AV receiver to decode the digital stream over hdmi.

Hi , i have the same tv , but i i have upgraded the software but still cant play any videos. Can u help me with a link or procedure to upgrade to get usb playback. Thank you

Back