Sansui AU-719

Hi ynotbubba,

Yes the AU-719 is absolutely fantastic. I've heard/used a lots of modern era amps including some very famous DIY amps, but nothing is so musical like this vintage Sansui one.

Brgds,

Bhaskar

My personal experience tells just the opposite. Though my Sansui AU-A907NRA was fantastic I have heard many of the new breed ones from other makes which were equal or even superior in terms of resolution and refinement while being in the same price band. But these are my personal views and yours may vary.

Bhaskar enjoy you AU719 to fullest.

Though my Sansui AU-A907NRA was fantastic I have heard many of the new breed ones from other makes which were equal or even superior in terms of resolution and refinement while being in the same price band.

Sir, I want to know more. Would you please elaborate a tad more on that? Which specific brands/models beat these classic Sansuis?

Got hold of my long awaited amp yesterday which is none other than the legendary AU-719!
Speakers are still awaited which would be reaching home by this Sunday and that would be again Sansui s1000j (100W @ 8ohms, 3 way Loudspeaker).
Meanwhile doing some R&D on a good budget DAC and a decent used CDP.

With love from Holland,

A brand "new" 30 year old AU 719 faceplate which I managed to get for my amp.

This was the last piece left in the stock. Do I call myself lucky?:clapping:

Attachments

• DSC_8178.jpg
    DSC_8178.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 125
Bhaskar,
you are one lucky man. congrats !!!

this amp is more than 25 years old. although its still working fine but you need to service it to restore it to its full potential.

these vintage amps had tons of electrolytic capacitors everywhere. so you need to change each electrolytic cap in there with branded caps like Nichicon, Rubycon, Vishay etc. also change all tantalum caps with equivalent film caps. check each and every component for leaks, corrosion. contact cleaners are easily available online.

Good luck !!
Aniket

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back