Sansui AU-719

Hi, I am a very new entrant into the vinyl world along with a strong wish to possess a great amp and set of speakers. I also saw a Sansui AU 719 today in Delhi and was impressed with the performance. Need some suggestion on what kind of speakers are suggested for this... and how much should a pair cost in Delhi. Is it possible to get a pair within Rs. 10K?

Hi All,

... DC offset & bias current adjusted as per service manual. Runs much cooler than my previous amp.

Bhaskar

How do one go about it? I have a vintage kenwood Ka2200 amp. How do I adjust DC offset & bias current? what will be the outcome?:confused:

Hello friends ...
I am new to this forum, i am not an audiophile but do have respect & love for vintage monsters, i am getting an amp pioneer sa-520, can anyone suggest me about this amp...
Regards.....

hi bhaskar,

Does your amplifier comes with the user manual??i am currently looking for the user manual and schematic diagrams for sansui AU 719..,Apreciate if you can help scanned for me...,Do pm me if other guys can share too.

Thanks for sharing

had this amp 2 yrs back - sold it & moved on as it couldn't keep up with my spks.

Its a great Integrated amp otherwise on its own

hi bhaskar,

Does your amplifier comes with the user manual??i am currently looking for the user manual and schematic diagrams for sansui AU 719..,Apreciate if you can help scanned for me...,Do pm me if other guys can share too.

Thanks for sharing

Sorry, I got the amp frm a thrift store, so no user manual. Downloaded service manual frm the source mentioned by Sachin(Required for adjusting Bias). BTW it's a very straight forward amp, may I know why do you need the user manual so badly(am I missing something)?

Thanks & best regards,

Bhaskar

Hi, I would be soon auditioning the Sansui AU-919. I already have a AU-317 and looking to explore the other models.
Has anybody heard AU-919. I see a lot being said about AU719 and I am assuming this should be in the same league or better.

AU919 ....... :licklips: ....... it was Sansui's best! Late 1970s and early 80s manufacture. Some say, AU-X1 was the best, but very few were manufactured, for it to come anywhere near the 919s.

From where are you procuring this legend ... and at what price? Pick it up eyes closed .... even if it is not in working order. One can easily replace the only thing that goes wrong ... the capacitors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the headsup. I got to know of this through an acquiantence. No info yet on the condition & price. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not looking to have a collection but just to get a flavor. If all goes well, I would keep only one of them. Also on the wish list is the Lyrita tube amp which I am hopeful of acquiring one soon. BTW my speakers are sansui. I have pic posted on this forum

@AVM

If you don't mind please pm me the kind of prices it is available at. I keep coming across such deals but never bothered to find out if the prices are better here or in India. Would love to compare.

Apologies ranjeetrain. I have been off for sometime now. Unable to PM you(not sure if I know the right way to do it.) Could you PM me and I will try to follow that.

bhaskaran, your au-719 reminds me of my au-a907 nra. These are great stereos and I regret to have sold it. In US we use to know some key people who knows how to restore and refurbish these amps.

bhaskaran, your au-719 reminds me of my au-a907 nra. These are great stereos and I regret to have sold it. In US we use to know some key people who knows how to restore and refurbish these amps.

Hi ynotbubba,

Yes the AU-719 is absolutely fantastic. I've heard/used a lots of modern era amps including some very famous DIY amps, but nothing is so musical like this vintage Sansui one.

Brgds,

Bhaskar

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back