• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sansui AU 9900 vintage amplifier

avidyarthy

Any operational feedback on performance of this mid 70s amplifier .... other than what is already on the web?

Thanks

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Don't tell me, you bought this too??? :rolleyes:

If so, then you got a 'deadly' piece. Just check if all is working well. Phono's are supposed to be good.

avidyarthy

No, not bought ......... @ Denom.

Trying to coax the bugger (seller) to part with only the amplifier. He is offering a combo deal which includes two pair of big BS speakers, a cassette deck, a graphic equalizer ... all @ 45 K. Currently runs both pairs together with the amp.

AND the bugger puts up in a semi-remote corner of the country! DAMN!
I am willing to dump the Krell for this well kept beauty.

corElement

I did a bit of searching online and my practical senses tell me it's not worth it due to it's age and delhi's volatile power situation.

End of the day the speakers > > amp so save your money and get speakers, whats your budget for speakers.

heliumflight

Avidyarthy go for it! It will blow the socks of any modern day amplifier. If you don't like it, I'll buy it off you.

avidyarthy

SINCE, I have now stopped thinking on procuring this beauty ... thought ... why not share the contact info of the person who was desirous to sell it with his other components, comprising of one pair Sony and one pair Sonodyne FS, graphic equalizer, Uranus cassette deck.

I DO NOT have his telephone contact ...... just the email ID. He is based close to Kolkata .... Barrackpore.

email: arunava.maity@gmail.com

... really feeling sorry for his email account ........ lots of us crazy guys would choke it in no time ...... BEST OF LUCK!

No, not bought ......... @ Denom.

Trying to coax the bugger (seller) to part with only the amplifier. He is offering a combo deal which includes two pair of big BS speakers, a cassette deck, a graphic equalizer ... all @ 45 K. Currently runs both pairs together with the amp.

AND the bugger puts up in a semi-remote corner of the country! DAMN!
I am willing to dump the Krell for this well kept beauty.
Too high price -- too high!

SPONSORED ADS