Sansui AU 9900 vintage amplifier

Don't tell me, you bought this too??? :rolleyes:

If so, then you got a 'deadly' piece. Just check if all is working well. Phono's are supposed to be good.

4762100_MSghTL.jpeg

She's a beauty

No, not bought ......... @ Denom.

Trying to coax the bugger (seller) to part with only the amplifier. He is offering a combo deal which includes two pair of big BS speakers, a cassette deck, a graphic equalizer ... all @ 45 K. Currently runs both pairs together with the amp.

AND the bugger puts up in a semi-remote corner of the country! DAMN!
I am willing to dump the Krell for this well kept beauty.

I did a bit of searching online and my practical senses tell me it's not worth it due to it's age and delhi's volatile power situation.

End of the day the speakers > > amp so save your money and get speakers, whats your budget for speakers.

Avidyarthy go for it! It will blow the socks of any modern day amplifier. If you don't like it, I'll buy it off you.

SINCE, I have now stopped thinking on procuring this beauty ... thought ... why not share the contact info of the person who was desirous to sell it with his other components, comprising of one pair Sony and one pair Sonodyne FS, graphic equalizer, Uranus cassette deck.

I DO NOT have his telephone contact ...... just the email ID. He is based close to Kolkata .... Barrackpore.

email: [email protected]

... really feeling sorry for his email account ........ lots of us crazy guys would choke it in no time ...... BEST OF LUCK!

No, not bought ......... @ Denom.

Trying to coax the bugger (seller) to part with only the amplifier. He is offering a combo deal which includes two pair of big BS speakers, a cassette deck, a graphic equalizer ... all @ 45 K. Currently runs both pairs together with the amp.

AND the bugger puts up in a semi-remote corner of the country! DAMN!
I am willing to dump the Krell for this well kept beauty.

Too high price -- too high!

Ok I have not seen the date of post.
But i would like to add that the prices of these amplifiers have gone up, they are no longer available in cheap prices like they used to earlier.
Those in good condition cost above 50k, atleast as per eBay listings.
The tough challenge is getting one with original output transistors and in good shape.

These vintage gems are still a bliss to listen to.

I purchased one AU 555 for Rs 16000/-
It was in bad Shape.
FM Akshay Refurbished it for me.
Now it is sounding very good.It has tube like sound.
I am not going to sell it ever.
Thanks FM Akshy Jha for the same..
And Thanks HFV without it ,this was not possible.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back