Sansui RZ-7700AV - what do I do with that?

kapvin

Hi Guys,

Need some advice!

I happen to have a Sansui 5.2 (yes 5.2) DD/DTS reciever which I purchased on an international trip in y2k.

(this is before Sansui went bust, the brand name purchased by the dhoots and plastered on budget TVs)

it's a tank of an AMP and was cutting edge at that time.. OSD, video switching 5x100w true RMS (2 x 130w) and a pretty reasonable phono stage for a HT amp.

Drawbacks-- only 1 optical digital input and an RF digital input (for laser discs). Also only composite video switching.. no component or even s-video inputs.. but this was no problem as long one is using just one video source

In 2005, I updated to a Yam RX-v1500; mainly because I went from 1 video source to 3 and wanted a single connection to my proj. and the Sansui went into a carton; where it has been ever since.

however, I always had a sneaking suspicion that the Sansui sounded better, (less laid back?). I did not have a sub while running the sansui, the fronts handled all the bass and the sansui was pretty capable of going loud and low.

recently the nice guys at Pro-Fx - serviced the Sansui to mitigate almost 5 years on non use and it's in great working condition.

so what advice do I require? well simply; what do I do with it? I have 2 HTs, both with multiple video sources. Should I sell the smaller HT's reciever, (YamahaRX-V361) and buy a video switcher and run the Sansui (or is that overkill in an 10'x10' room) or should I sell both and buy a nice hi-def ready reciever like the denon 1610 or what?

your collective advice would be welcome; as would be a perspective on how much I can expect for each component?

cheers

Kapil:)

Last edited:
Morning Kapvin,

Stumbled upon the forum and your post by chance, and I just bought a RZ-7700 receiver, as its got such a sweet sound, and the pairs of Mission's and Behringer's (monitors) I have really go well with the unit.
But I didn't get the users manual. And I've searched high and low for it, and cant seem to find it. You wont possibly happen to have it, would you? I have the "service manual", but that does not contain anything on the settings and setup of the receiver, and I dont have the remote, think thats a part of why I am struggling.
Can you help?

Alec

Morning Kapvin,

Stumbled upon the forum and your post by chance, and I just bought a RZ-7700 receiver, as its got such a sweet sound, and the pairs of Mission's and Behringer's (monitors) I have really go well with the unit.
But I didn't get the users manual. And I've searched high and low for it, and cant seem to find it. You wont possibly happen to have it, would you? I have the "service manual", but that does not contain anything on the settings and setup of the receiver, and I dont have the remote, think thats a part of why I am struggling.
Can you help?

Alec

You could speak to fm hemantwaghe. He has/knows where the sansui is. The manual went to him along with the receiver.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back