Saving Private Ryan- Taken off the shelves due to audio sync issue

KonfuSed

It seems Saving Private Ryan is being taken off the shelves due to the issue of the audio sync. Here is the news Blu-ray.com - Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray Audio Issue Confirmed (Update)
Also Amazon UK seems to have taken off the title. It was in my cart and now it's no longer available and moved to saved item due to unavailability.
So I hope that they'll launch a corrected version soon. If that's the case then it's definitely a good news.

It seems Saving Private Ryan is being taken off the shelves due to the issue of the audio sync. Here is the news Blu-ray.com - Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray Audio Issue Confirmed (Update)
Also Amazon UK seems to have taken off the title. It was in my cart and now it's no longer available and moved to saved item due to unavailability.
So I hope that they'll launch a corrected version soon. If that's the case then it's definitely a good news.

What thats new to me.........what about those who have already placed an order or recieved the disc....???

Thats a shame.I have kind of interest towards Sapphire series due to the amazing Work they done for Brave Heart , now this is going to be another misfire on the lines of Gladiator.This was on the racks since 26th Apr, I wonder what kind of replacement plan they have now.

P.S: I canceled my initial order of this BD with Avatar and placed along with Minority report which are supposed to ship this 17th. Now I am glad I did that.

I was about to order this but waited after I read about the audio sync issue. Although the issue only for a couple of minutes or something and some even haven't noticed the issue. Anyway, now it;s time for the wait.

Amazon has put it back on pre-order. This time the corrected version.

Question: How does one know that they have received the corrected version or imperfecr one?

I hope that the next batch won't have this trouble at all. As for the issue itself, there are quite a few posts in many av forums regarding the exact position of the out of sync audio.

I hope that the next batch won't have this trouble at all. As for the issue itself, there are quite a few posts in many av forums regarding the exact position of the out of sync audio.
I meant by physically looking at the cover or the packaging, is it possible to know if you've got a defective one or the corrected recent one? Is there any change in packaging/design to the remastered issue ?

I meant by physically looking at the cover or the packaging, is it possible to know if you've got a defective one or the corrected recent one? Is there any change in packaging/design to the remastered issue ?

Nope nope, you need to play the movie and see if your disc have the problem at that particular chapter. I don't remember exactly but it was some part when Tom Hanks was talking to Matt Damon before the last battle. But I think they've recalled everything and the new batch don't have any problem.
BTW, I've ordered SPR BD yesterday:yahoo: Couldn't wait any longer.

Got my copy of Saving Private Ryan from Amazon today. They delivered it pretty fast this time. Also got Humphrey Bogart collection and War movies collection(these are DVD's). Nice start to a week ;-)

Got my copy of Saving Private Ryan from Amazon today. They delivered it pretty fast this time. Also got Humphrey Bogart collection and War movies collection(these are DVD's). Nice start to a week ;-)
Good for you. Before you purchase any more DVDs, let me know. I have to offload tons of DVDs bought in past few years from US including collector sets of War, Classic Actors

Good for you. Before you purchase any more DVDs, let me know. I have to offload tons of DVDs bought in past few years from US including collector sets of War, Classic Actors

Hey sure man. I didn't know you wanted to sell DVD's. I bought these DVD's just in spur of the moment. I'm now mostly buying Blu-rays but was not very sure about the PQ of old movies. I'm now gonna compare few movies and then decide on my future course of action:eek:hyeah:

I saw Saving Private Ryan on stands of Landmark for 1499/- not sure whether it is from Big Home or Excel.I was tempted to pick but little worried whether these are the ones which have the Lip Sync issue dumped onto us. If someone rented or bought this Indian version please confirm.

Thanks
Satya

^^ The one I recently bought from Amazon.uk did not have any such issues. Got it for 1100 Bucks so you might as well try it from there ....... details in my review in my sig

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back