Schiit adds Modi to multibit family

Sometimes it depends on your luck also, you may or may not be charged occasionally.
I've ordered mostly from Amazon Germany and US, eBay USA, AliExpress etc for variety of items - the best part with Amazon and eBay is the custom fees never exceeds the price paid. Once I got a refund of fees for optoma projector from Amazon as it wasn't charged !
With AliExpress, the luck factor plays a role, if you order via China post etc (free shipping) which take a month to reach you - you may not be charged anything at all sometimes.

If you use faster courier options like DHL, FedEx, Usps etc you'll be charged in most of the occasions. So use free shipping in aliexpress if possible. Non electronic items have a good chance to get exempted whereas anything with Apple logo are most likely to be charged.

Best of luck

Just last week i had ordered some headphone amp and earbuds worth of $700, i paid custom around $20.. don't ask me why..every 1 knows how to do on Ali ..

Fyi.. i have spent around ~2.5 lacs INR on aliexpress .. so i have good experience :D

Just last week i had ordered some headphone amp and earbuds worth of $700, i paid custom around $20.. don't ask me why..every 1 knows how to do on Ali ..

Fyi.. i have spent around ~2.5 lacs INR on aliexpress .. so i have good experience :D
I deliberately stopped discussing that...
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

The Size is a Main factor, though in my case it was Modi Uber and they charged almost 50% Of actual cost :eek:hyeah:

Luck and Luck only

Hello Friends, I am from Bangalore and I got the latest Modi Multibit at 21K in just 2 days as you can place order online in India itself. Also, friends I am a newbie to this DAC world and all and need your help. I have Pioneer BDP 180 and Denon AVR 2200. i have connected the DAC today via optical cable with BDP180 and RCA Analog cable to the AVR. But I didn't noticed much of an improvement in the music listening. Can you please advise if i am missing any settings to be made on BDP180 oe Denon AVR??

Hello Friends, I am from Bangalore and I got the latest Modi Multibit at 21K in just 2 days as you can place order online in India itself. Also, friends I am a newbie to this DAC world and all and need your help. I have Pioneer BDP 180 and Denon AVR 2200. i have connected the DAC today via optical cable with BDP180 and RCA Analog cable to the AVR. But I didn't noticed much of an improvement in the music listening. Can you please advise if i am missing any settings to be made on BDP180 oe Denon AVR??

What speakers are you using with the denon?

I am kind of in the same boat. Got my Modi Multibit earlier this week (had ordered and got it delivered in US > 1 month back; was hand-carried by a friend last week).

Connected the DAC in my set up as -

RaspPI (Moode) -> HiFiBerry Digi+ (transformer version) -> Coax -> MM -> Analog-in of Denon X2100 -> Speakers (Tannoy Mercury V4i).

Atleast in the initial testing I haven't yet noticed any improvement over - (1) direct Optical connection from Digi+ to AVR or (2) Google CCA (Chromecast Audio).

I'm also new to DAC world so still suspecting that the lack of improvement could be related to -
(1) not enough DAC burn in yet (as discussed in
http://www.hifivision.com/dac/65429-schiit-modi-multibit-now-india-3.html
(2) something not right in my AVR setting etc

So while I wait and experiment further on (1) and (2), a few ques -

- Most reviews that I so far read about Modi Multibit seemed to be by folks who are using headphones. I assume MM should show similar improvement in a AVR setup as well, right?
- Is it expected that when a DAC is connected, only Pure-Direct mode of AVR should be used? (Currently if I use pure-direct mode, the sound quality is becoming worse. I still have to try a few things that I just found on net to set that right - such as setting Subwoofer mode to LFE+Main etc etc).

Would really like to try a side-by-side comparison with Modi 2 Uber and my Multibit.

If anyone who has M2U (or any other DAC that they are happy with) is willing, I would be happy to host them for a DAC A/B test session or get my MM to their place. (If there is more interest, we can do a Bangalore get-together and compare various DACs :licklips:).

Thanks.

Schiit multibit need some time to settle up (burning period), as per manufacturer they should kept on few hour before an audition. How much old your modi multibit?

One more thing, your BDP-180 have itself a nice analog output, it's DAC section is above average quality. Whereas Modi Multibit is an entry level DAC from Schiit. I am not sure if it is an upgrade or sidegrade.

Frankly speaking, to get superior analog output compared to Pioneer BDP-180 you need at least Bifrost (if you stick to Schiit).

Last edited:
Schiit multibit need some time to settle up (burning period), as per manufacturer they should kept on few hour before an audition. How much old your modi multibit?

One more thing, your BDP-180 have itself a nice analog output, it's DAC section is above average quality. Whereas Modi Multibit is an entry level DAC from Schiit. I am not sure if it is an upgrade or sidegrade.

Frankly speaking, to get superior analog output compared to Pioneer BDP-180 you need at least Bifrost (if you stick to Schiit).

I have BDP 180 and Modi Uber 2. I could confirm that there is noticeable while playing through M2U.The Voice are soft and High frequencies and not bright.

You are correct that Bifrost would be good one ,But M2U also make some difference i Audio quality.

Many of the equipments like AVR, Car audio players etc will convert the analog to digital again to process them. I am not sure whether the Denon AVR does that here as well. The AVR generally does tons of processing (Parametric EQ, room correction, THX modes etc etc). So, it can be doing ADC.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back