Schiit adds Modi to multibit family

$297.00 including shipping, a very good deal if it performs well... which it should considering its a Schiit.

Wow :)

(and it is about $50 more than upgrading your existing Buber)

I have already written about being hugely impressed by Schiit and the improvement from buber to bimby.

Seeing the that the only difference from Bimby is in the "Modular/Upgradable", I'd wager a hhuuggee jump over M2U here.

Absolutely no excuse now for listening to D/S :D

Would be very interested in reviews or better still to listen to it

ciao
gr

$297.00 including shipping, a very good deal if it performs well... which it should considering its a Schiit.

Wow :)

(and it is about $50 more than upgrading your existing Buber)

I have already written about being hugely impressed by Schiit and the improvement from buber to bimby.

Seeing the that the only difference is in the "Modular/Upgradable" and that it is no 2V, I'd wager a hhuuggee jump over M2U here.

Absolutely no excuse now for listening to D/S :D

Would be very interested in reviews or better still to listen to it

ciao
gr

If shipped locally to US address and hand carried the landed cost in India should be about USD 270 (INR 18,500).
Below 45K customs limit and can fit into a "woman's purse".
Not a bad deal at all, assuming that it uses the same design philosophy as the Bifrost upgrade.
Seriously thinking of taking the plunge. Now to hunt for someone coming from US :D

Cheers,
Raghu

Seriously thinking of taking the plunge. Now to hunt for someone coming from US :D

Jump! . Go !!

I presume you don't have to hold down the curling veneer on the fake-bark stereo rack you got on sale at K-Mart in 1979, of course

ciao
gr

Difference between the Bifrost multibit and Modi multibit is in the power section

Jump! . Go !!

I presume you don't have to hold down the curling veneer on the fake-bark stereo rack you got on sale at K-Mart in 1979, of course

ciao
gr

No worries about old furniture or audio components. But the missus has been complaining about unfinished AV center for the last 1 year.
Stubborn mule that I am, will not anyone else do the finishing on woodwork in my home.
Just last year I acquired M2U. Now need to move it to the desktop and maybe get a Magni-2/Vali-2 for headphone rig. Or sell it.
USD 249 + shipping is very tempting.

Difference between the Bifrost multibit and Modi multibit is in the power section

M2U has a decent wall wart (think this is the only item that Schiit sources from China). It is pretty clean; no noise that I can discern (but my ears are not exactly in tip top shape).

Cheers,
Raghu

No worries about old furniture or audio components. <snip>
M2U has a decent wall wart

That was from the FAQ on the schiit modi product page "If Modis are so great, why would I step up to Bifrost or Gungnir??" ie a round about way of asking if you would ever want to upgrade, because Mimby cannot be

The wall wart is allegedly a linear power supply (it is for M2U ofc)

ciao
gr

Wondering if anyone has finally bought the Modi Multibit. And then had a chance to compare it with Modi 2 Uber?

Any Item with more than 100 USD, Will be charged Customs in India.

The clause here is Item Cost (As per Indian customs) = Actual Item cost+Shipping cost +Handling and Insurance.

If you hand carry any Goods, then 50k Limit applies, That too if its a big catchy pack or Sealed box etc.

Last edited:
Even if you import a product of 5000 INR, you will end up paying custom and handling charges.

I have ordered Massdrop HD6XX worth $200, i don;t know how much i will pay for custom and handling charges .. :(

about 36% on Cost + Insurance + Freight :mad:

ciao
gr

I won't be surprised if i end up paying $100 in total :(
Sometimes it depends on your luck also, you may or may not be charged occasionally.
I've ordered mostly from Amazon Germany and US, eBay USA, AliExpress etc for variety of items - the best part with Amazon and eBay is the custom fees never exceeds the price paid. Once I got a refund of fees for optoma projector from Amazon as it wasn't charged !
With AliExpress, the luck factor plays a role, if you order via China post etc (free shipping) which take a month to reach you - you may not be charged anything at all sometimes.

If you use faster courier options like DHL, FedEx, Usps etc you'll be charged in most of the occasions. So use free shipping in aliexpress if possible. Non electronic items have a good chance to get exempted whereas anything with Apple logo are most likely to be charged.

Best of luck

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back