Screen suggestion for UHD50x

arun.wesley

Hi all,

I bought this projector recently. I'm not exactly satisfied with its color accuracy and its black levels are poor as well. I'm currently projecting it on a white screen. Pardon my ignorance as this is my first projector but would changing the screen to grey improve the contrast? My room is completely light controlled.

I'm thinking of going with BIGVUE Grey or High Contrast screen . Does anyone here have any experience with this brand screens?

A grey screen will improve the black levels at the cost of some brightness.
I am currently using the same projector. I am using it on a wall(a darker shade than white) or an old 92inch white screen right now. I am shifting in a month or two so will be taking a screen suitable for that place.
The black levels are satisfactory for me on the wall even on eco mode after changing some setting. The screen is unusable without the dynamic black mode.
Turning down brightness by 3-5 has helped me with the black levels. For color accuracy play with the Brilliant color settings. I use it between 1-5 depending on the movies.
Dont know anything abt Bigvue which is on amazon.
Try searching for a dealer who has an ALR screen on demo. Take your projector there and try it.
You said you room is complety light controlled. what colour are your ceilings and walls?

A grey screen will improve the black levels at the cost of some brightness.
I am currently using the same projector. I am using it on a wall(a darker shade than white) or an old 92inch white screen right now. I am shifting in a month or two so will be taking a screen suitable for that place.
The black levels are satisfactory for me on the wall even on eco mode after changing some setting. The screen is unusable without the dynamic black mode.
Turning down brightness by 3-5 has helped me with the black levels. For color accuracy play with the Brilliant color settings. I use it between 1-5 depending on the movies.
Dont know anything abt Bigvue which is on amazon.
Try searching for a dealer who has an ALR screen on demo. Take your projector there and try it.
You said you room is complety light controlled. what colour are your ceilings and walls?

In dynamic black mode, the black levels are definitely are better but I don't like this mode though as I can clearly notice the change in brightness when the scene changes between dark and bright which is a bit distracting.

When I say light controlled, I meant I can shut out almost all the ambient lighting. The room wall is painted dark grey and the ceiling is white.

ALR screen? Do I really need one of those if I only intend to use the projector in a dark environment? Those screens are really costly and I really don't want to waste my money on those if I can avoid it. Normal grey screens don't cost nearly as much as ALR(grey) screens.

In dynamic black mode, the black levels are definitely are better but I don't like this mode though as I can clearly notice the change in brightness when the scene changes between dark and bright which is a bit distracting.

When I say light controlled, I meant I can shut out almost all the ambient lighting. The room wall is painted dark grey and the ceiling is white.

ALR screen? Do I really need one of those if I only intend to use the projector in a dark environment? Those screens are really costly and I really don't want to waste my money on those if I can avoid it. Normal grey screens don't cost nearly as much as ALR(grey) screens.
Yes, dynamic black is distracting. A simple grey screen can also improve blacks. Were you able to find any other grey screens other than the bigvue? Also have you considered going the DIY route by ordering fabric from Carls?

Yes, dynamic black is distracting. A simple grey screen can also improve blacks. Were you able to find any other grey screens other than the bigvue? Also have you considered going the DIY route by ordering fabric from Carls?
I'm not really into DIY and I also don't want to spend too much on the screen. So, my options are limited. I looked into Elite Cinegrey screens as well but for 135", it is too costly for my taste.

Are there any other brands that you can suggest?

I'm not really into DIY and I also don't want to spend too much on the screen. So, my options are limited. I looked into Elite Cinegrey screens as well but for 135", it is too costly for my taste.

Are there any other brands that you can suggest?
No idea of any other brands. Also let me know how the bigvue screen is if you go ahead with it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back