Screens - Panoview, Liberty etc.

bayankaran

Hello:

Anyone using Panoview screens? Are they worth the high price? For example a 16:9 80 inch Panoview was quoted Rs.6900 plus 12% VAT..IMHO a very high price.

What about Liberty?

Kindly mention the other good options for a 16:9 screen for a home theater? Me at Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you...what about gray screens?

What about gray screens?

All the screens I am looking at are Matte/Glossy white. For non-optimal viewing conditions (for example a room with a bit of ambient light) a slightly gray screen is a better option than white.

Anyone with an existing setups please comment...

Hello:

Anyone using Panoview screens? Are they worth the high price? For example a 16:9 80 inch Panoview was quoted Rs.6900 plus 12% VAT..IMHO a very high price.

What about Liberty?

Kindly mention the other good options for a 16:9 screen for a home theater? Me at Mumbai.

Thanks in advance.

i think my friend santosh is using the panoview 16:9 screen with the optoma hd20, kindly chk with him ,he is on the forum

Hello:

What about Liberty?

I have not got a chance to compare with other screens apart from seeing the build quality. So cannot comment on this yet.

On this forum manu4punjab and I are using the Optoma Panoview 16:9 120 inch screens. They are slightly pricier than the others mainly because of their build quality and brand reputation. The screen itself is much thicker when compared to others. Also, the retractor is also very well built.

One thing to note is that 16:9 screens are generally more expensive than 4:3 screens. So make sure you are actualy comparing prices with 16:9 screens of other brands.

About other screens like Grey\Silver etc, check out the thread by srinisundar.

Other brands are Grandview, Liberty, Zoher etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

Are u new to HT Setup or just going with HT after seeing ur friend setup. But your indication shows that already you have researched a little bit. I have a chance of comparing the picture along with grey and mattwhite side by side with liberty screen.

As you pointed out Grey is good for seeing with ambient light... Grey screen will suit for any kind of room with any wall-ceiling colour / Glass fitted cupboards, since it will rejects the reflection, so you will not have washout picture against Matt white or glossy white( but dont go with glossy white).

But if you are an fresh to HT please go with Matt white,, after enjoying for some years/months of popping up some brilliant colour and brightness go with grey later.. Still if you are going to grey you should have some high contrast/Lumens projector which can equaly pop up the picture in grey surface.

My suggestion is to go with Panoview if you are going with MANUAL PULL DOWN and i believe you will not regret..Not liberty if you are going with 16:9 screens...:lol: .. Dont want to comment on motorized already you are in OOOPS...
Regards
Srini

santhol is right i have panoview screen at that time two years ago i bought it around 22000 its a awesome screen i'm not sure for anyone else but for me it does the job
build quality:- 9/10(i give 9 coz the don't paint the rod in black only white somehow i feel if its in black it is good :D )
viewing pleasure:-10/10 :yahoo:

santhol is right i have panoview screen at that time two years ago i bought it around 22000 its a awesome screen i'm not sure for anyone else but for me it does the job
build quality:- 9/10(i give 9 coz the don't paint the rod in black only white somehow i feel if its in black it is good :D )
viewing pleasure:-10/10 :yahoo:

Manu Saab,

When r u going to shoot some pictures while movies are projected in your screen , we have seen you and your angel....:lol: Waiting for that...

Regards

Srini

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back