Second hand Martin Logan speakers from the US?

Anyone here who has experience with Martin Logan bookshelf speakers....was getting decent offers for Martin Logan's from the US. Thanks
Well I do have a limited experience with the Martin Logans. I have 3.0 martin logan setup in my home theater consisting of the motion series bookshelves and the centre speaker and I do enjoy them very much. It is only used for home theater coupled with a Rythmik Sub.

super speakers but be aware that the membrane has a tendency to short in high humidity and will need replacement. no service in india and service in usa is not cheap.

The electrostatic panels fail quite often. Also the integration between the panel and the bass driver leaves a lot to be desired. Simply put, they are a maintenance nightmare and the sound isn't worth the hassle!

super speakers but be aware that the membrane has a tendency to short in high humidity and will need replacement. no service in india and service in usa is not cheap.
What about the bookshelf version with a membrane plus woofer driver?

The electrostatic panels fail quite often. Also the integration between the panel and the bass driver leaves a lot to be desired. Simply put, they are a maintenance nightmare and the sound isn't worth the hassle!
about the bookshelf version with a membrane plus woofer driver?
What about the bookshelf version with a membrane plus woofer driver?
I.e without the electrostatic panels

about the bookshelf version with a membrane plus woofer driver?

I.e without the electrostatic panels
Haven't heard those so can't really comment. Only one i have heard is the Summit. Very airy highs, decent mid range but the bass was very slow compared to how quickly the panel reacts. Way too much overhang.

I would rather buy maggies over ML. Though much cheaper, they sound way better overall.

Which model and year is it ? Please do check if they will do well in the dust in Delhi.
Anyone here who has experience with Martin Logan bookshelf speakers....was getting decent offers for Martin Logan's from the US. Thanks

martin Logan Bookshelves are not Electrostats but have a special tweeter. Whats the price you are getting including shipping customs/Duty as in the end it becomes a price decision

Did you mean This ?

Which model and year is it ? Please do check if they will do well in the dust in Delhi.

martin Logan Bookshelves are not Electrostats but have a special tweeter. Whats the price you are getting including shipping customs/Duty as in the end it becomes a price decision

Did you mean This ?
No... I meant smaller woofer waale bookshelves. I'll have to have someone carry it back for me. However what I think is that they may or may not be able to avoid customs.

Haven't heard those so can't really comment. Only one i have heard is the Summit. Very airy highs, decent mid range but the bass was very slow compared to how quickly the panel reacts. Way too much overhang.

I would rather buy maggies over ML. Though much cheaper, they sound way better overall.
What's a Maggie?

If you say second hand speakers from US to India, then its not allowed. Only brand new items can be brought.

Martin Logan SL3 I have 10 years ago, very best sounding speaker, this is electrostatic speaker highly sensitive with humidity and dust, membrane will short. In our environment very hard to maintenance electrostatic speakers. Presently I have planer magnetic speaker (Magnepan 3.6R) best sounding speakers too.

i can only agree....if you are looking for good sound there are plenty of other options with far less hassels and cheaper..look at jamo, b+w, Ohm, wharfdale, jbl etc

i can only agree....if you are looking for good sound there are plenty of other options with far less hassels and cheaper..look at jamo, b+w, Ohm, wharfdale, jbl etc
+1 to the above. This is not worth the trouble

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back