Sell the 720p Plasma, Buy a 4K Tv ?

coapullai

My dear brothers, both Audiophiles and Videophiles (Is that even a word :eek:hyeah:)
I was a pretty happy and complacent guy till I visited the What HIFI show this Saturday afternoon. I'm sure most of you were there. This query and dilemma is just a result of that.

I have a Panasonic 50" 720p plasma TV and the 3yr warranty got over last month. It has 2 HDMI, 1Usb and nothing else.
Coincidentally, before the WhatHifi show, but that same morning, I picked up a 2year old Yamaha HT-196 HTIB from a friend for 10k.(yeah. I know HTiB's are stupid, but the price was too good to let the deal slip away- considering that I was running on the TV's speakers for the past 3 years).

I hooked them up to the Blu Ray Player and listened to a few tracks through Aux and surprisingly liked the new sound at home. So why am I talking about the HTIB when the post is about Tv's ? Here goes.

I love the fact that my tv is a plasma. But it's only a 720p and has very limited connectivity and most content is 1080p and 4K and 4K up scaled these days.
LeEco Tv is launching a new 55" 4K UHD smart tv this Friday with all the Bells and Whistles and the price point is drool worthy.

So should I sell my Plasma and buy this or maybe buy something else in the same ~60k price bracket.

My TV watching is Ocassional. Very Ocassional. But now it's gonna increase a bit because of the Home Theatre and I might catch up on all the movies from the past 3 years.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Coplay.

Hi

My elder brother had a 40+ sized plasma which was 4 years old, perfectly working etc...

He sold it 15 odd days back thinking of an upgrade....he is not able to decide on which TV to buy due to stiff competition....there are cheaper brands available but the built quality etc is not that great....also the good brands are way too expensive....no point investing so much when after a year there are possibilities of the mother board or panel going kaput....am sure some members in this forum have had bad experiences....

I would suggest based on your budget and connectivity requirements, go and check various brands and TVs available, especially after sales service and then decide if you really need to buy one...till then hold on to the plasma provided it is working fine...

I would suggest stay with the Plasma.Let early adopter's do it for you. The real reviews will come later from real users and then you can decide. LeEco might turn out to be a LeMon. Just my opinion.

Stick to your plasma.

You are lucky to have a good condition Panasonic 720p 50 inches plasma working perfectly.

I am sure you can enjoy your movies in the same TV.

My advice, do not tempt fate. :)

Hi

My elder brother had a 40+ sized plasma which was 4 years old, perfectly working etc...

He sold it 15 odd days back thinking of an upgrade....he is not able to decide on which TV to buy due to stiff competition....there are cheaper brands available but the built quality etc is not that great....also the good brands are way too expensive....no point investing so much when after a year there are possibilities of the mother board or panel going kaput....am sure some members in this forum have had bad experiences....

I would suggest based on your budget and connectivity requirements, go and check various brands and TVs available, especially after sales service and then decide if you really need to buy one...till then hold on to the plasma provided it is working fine...

Thanks for the advise buddy. I'm aware that buying a new brand comes with its own repercussions and thats why I came to you knowledgable people.

Just curious, was your brother able to sell off his plasma for a decent price ?I doubt mine will fetch anything in the market today considering the prices at which TVs are being sold these days.

I would suggest stay with the Plasma.Let early adopter's do it for you. The real reviews will come later from real users and then you can decide. LeEco might turn out to be a LeMon. Just my opinion.

Thanks @tuff: Your actually right, when I always do tht with automobiles, I should be doing the same thing. Will take your advise.

Cheers,
Coplay

Stick to your plasma.

You are lucky to have a good condition Panasonic 720p 50 inches plasma working perfectly.

I am sure you can enjoy your movies in the same TV.

My advice, do not tempt fate. :)

Thanks for your Advice @Vinod.R. I will take it.
The only reason I was complaining was because its a 720p. Things have come a long way since. Even 22inch TVs/monitors are full HD now.

I'm aware I can enjoy movies with this 720p but there is this small feeling inside of me telling me "you know 1080p would have been better ? And now u have a better music system, 1080p... 1080...108..10..1..____ and then the voice fades away.

But again, solid advise, I'm not buying the 4k, not selling the plasma.

Cheers,
Coplay

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back