Sennheiser warranty from online stores

Sennheiser will only honour warranty for products bought from their official sellers. They are very particular about it.

If you buy from WS Retail or their official website you are good. Otherwise you don't get any sort of warranty.

I have read somewhere that in these cases, Sennheiser offers paid repairs. Might be wrong. Someone needs to call them up and confirm.

If you buy from amazon(amazon fulfilled) you can return the product if you find it faulty or not satisfied. They will refund you if returned in as is condition within the specified time period.
I bought my hd 598 from amazon and works perfectly. Brands like sennheiser if working perfectly for the first few days should go on smoothly without any trouble. I guess its a risk for getting huge discounts.:D
Sennheiser momentums were selling for half the price on amzon a while back.

This is not correct. They provide warranty.....but not from any dealer. you need to visit their service centers directly. Sennheiser - Headphones & Headsets - Microphones - Integrated Systems
check this read point no 2nd scenario

Yes, I was just reading this.

It does not say that warranty is not honoured, only that "channel partners," by which it seems they mean dealers, cannot provide service and one would have to go to the company service centre ...which might be a long way away. :cool:

I will clear up the issue. I have RS 110, RS 120 and HDR 120. Recently got them serviced as all of them were exhibiting noise. Sennheiser said Servicing is only possible in Noida, and for that customers have to send the sets to their Noida office. They will respect warranty commitments. In my case they asked me repeatedly to check whether I can avail the warranty but all of them were beyond the warranty period. Funny it seems but it appeared to me that they were keen on giving me free servicing. Anyway I sent the sets by paying the shipping. They repaired and asked 500/- for each set which I think is bit high. Nevertheless, after the required repairment they returned and this time they paid for it. They also provided a new RS120 transmitter for free and batteries for all the head sets. I was happy and the sets are again working perfectly. It was a nice experience as I do not mind spending 1500/- every 2-3 years for the sets that originally made poorer by 17K.

I will clear up the issue. I have RS 110, RS 120 and HDR 120. Recently got them serviced as all of them were exhibiting noise. Sennheiser said Servicing is only possible in Noida, and for that customers have to send the sets to their Noida office. They will respect warranty commitments. In my case they asked me repeatedly to check whether I can avail the warranty but all of them were beyond the warranty period. Funny it seems but it appeared to me that they were keen on giving me free servicing. Anyway I sent the sets by paying the shipping. They repaired and asked 500/- for each set which I think is bit high. Nevertheless, after the required repairment they returned and this time they paid for it. They also provided a new RS120 transmitter for free and batteries for all the head sets. I was happy and the sets are again working perfectly. It was a nice experience as I do not mind spending 1500/- every 2-3 years for the sets that originally made poorer by 17K.

Did they ask for a proof of purchase?

Hi Guys,

I purchased my first audiophile grade headphones, the HD598 . So, prior to purchasing them, I emailed Sennheiser India, if I would be getting warranty if bought from Amazon. I got a reply that W.S Retail from FlipKart and CloudTail on Amazon , and the Sennheiser online store are Authorized Online stores .

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back