Serious Bug in Samsung M33 mobile phones

Hari Iyer

Last week I purchased a Samsung M33 smart phone and found 2 serious bug in it,
1. It does not open or download any pdf document in a page link. Only saved documents in document folders can be opened.
2. When saving new contact list, it ask for group name to save. When we select the group name and try to save the new contact, then it again ask for group name and the cycle continues. So I cannot add any new contact to my mobile phone.

A piece of junk. A price to pay for debunking my Chinese mobile in name of nationalism and suffering endlessly. I now shall have to again use my LeEco mobile which i purchased in 2016 which is still going strong with no issues. Beware.

2. When saving new contact list, it ask for group name to save. When we select the group name and try to save the new contact, then it again ask for group name and the cycle continues. So I cannot add any new contact to my mobile phone.
Check if your contacts are set to sync with Google. If yes, do a sync first and see if the sync succeeds. If it does, now try saving a new contact. I had this issue some years ago and I recall that I had this same problem.

Check if your contacts are set to sync with Google. If yes, do a sync first and see if the sync succeeds. If it does, now try saving a new contact. I had this issue some years ago and I recall that I had this same problem.
Ok, I can save contacts directly, but when I try saving from whatapp this issue arises. I know that my Google account is not sync with my mobile and I keep getting this alerts even seen I browse HFV.
Thanks for the tip, will try later and report.
Any idea about the first issue. Never encountered this before.

1. It does not open or download any pdf document in a page link. Only saved documents in document folders can be opened.
On Chrome? Do you mean it does not open it by default but saves it instead and then you need to open it from the saved location?

Edit. I see that you said that it does not even download the pdf file. What browser? What is the pdf viewer that opens up by default when you open downloaded pdf files?

On Chrome? Do you mean it does not open it by default but saves it instead and then you need to open it from the saved location?

Edit. I see that you said that it does not even download the pdf file. What browser? What is the pdf viewer that opens up by default when you open downloaded pdf files?
I opened with inbuilt samsung pdf viewer. I now installed acrobat reader. I need to copy link and then open via acrobat reader.

I opened with inbuilt samsung pdf viewer. I now installed acrobat reader. I need to copy link and then open via acrobat reader.
After installing Acrobat Reader, when you click on any link for a pdf on a web page, does the pdf open automatically in Acrobat Reader?

A piece of junk. A price to pay for debunking my Chinese mobile in name of nationalism and suffering endlessly. I now shall have to again use my LeEco mobile which i purchased in 2016 which is still going strong with no issues. Beware.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I was about to buy this mobile in this freedom sale, but deferred to buy new mobile in Diwali.
Regarding your issues, I am sorry but it seems that you are doing some basic things in incorrect way. Download Opera/Chrome/ browser and see if the issues persists. You may need to fiddle with settings a little but it should surely open pdf by default in browser. There are some settings which instruct the browser to download a pdf file instead of opening it.
For the contacts issue, disable in inbuilt contact manager and download Google Contacts.
Hope that helps!

After installing Acrobat Reader, when you click on any link for a pdf on a web page, does the pdf open automatically in Acrobat Reader?
It's inconsistent- for 30% links they open. 70% link they don't. It's a bug which Samsung has to figure out and fix imo. With my 2016 LeEco phone it consistently opens 100%.

Moral of the story:New, latest,cexpensi e etc doesn't mean good or better. Rather it could be disappointing.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I was about to buy this mobile in this freedom sale, but deferred to buy new mobile in Diwali.
Regarding your issues, I am sorry but it seems that you are doing some basic things in incorrect way. Download Opera/Chrome/ browser and see if the issues persists. You may need to fiddle with settings a little but it should surely open pdf by default in browser. There are some settings which instruct the browser to download a pdf file instead of opening it.
For the contacts issue, disable in inbuilt contact manager and download Google Contacts.
Hope that helps!
I am already using inbuilt chrome browser and the issue is in that. Will try other browsers tomorrow and report. For the Google contact will try and install tomorrow.

Same used to happen with my oppo phone so i am sure it's no way a samsung issue per se.
There is some setting somewhere where you can instruct os to open a particular app for a particular file like pdf.

I suffer from the same problem on my Galaxy S9 Plus which is a good 3-4 years old! Never faced it in my other phones.

Having said that, and this minor niggle aside, it's the Android phone of choice for me. Stellar build quality, fantastic screen, very good haptic feedback etc.

I usually look for 2-3 year old Samsung flagships instead of new mid tier phones from whichever manufacturer comes to ones mind.

Mid tier phones feel inadequate in comparison. However, the price difference is negligible. I do understand the concept of support but for flagships, they do offer more temporally

Last edited:
It's inconsistent- for 30% links they open. 70% link they don't. It's a bug which Samsung has to figure out and fix imo. With my 2016 LeEco phone it consistently opens 100%.

Moral of the story:New, latest,cexpensi e etc doesn't mean good or better. Rather it could be disappointing.
Could you post one of those links that are not opening? I am also on an android and never came across such an issue, unless there is something with the link itself.

For contacts, switch to Google contacts right away. Saving contacts from WhatsApp is trouble free and better as it picks the name too. Also, sync your contacts right Google contacts.

Mash

It's inconsistent- for 30% links they open. 70% link they don't. It's a bug which Samsung has to figure out and fix imo. With my 2016 LeEco phone it consistently opens 100%
See any updates available, install and restart the Phone. Or do factory reset and see if things work.

I use a 'Brave' browser and Drive pdf reader on Android mobile. You can set default app to open certain kind of files in settings. Anyways I never faced such problems in pixel, oneplus or Samsung note phones I've used.

My woes with this phone is never ending. This phone did not make 4 phone calls. Ivrestarted the mobile, again same issue. Ibthen switched off the mobile for 5 minutes then turned it on. Then it could make calls. FM beware - samsung mobiles are giving issues - please reconsider this model. They are dumping this model and hence offering discounts and sales. My daughters o e year old samsung mobile do t have any issues. M33 model if flop,a fIlure.

Could be an issue with that phone, if it's possible you may return it. Or you can approach service centre, they will fix it or replace if not possible.
I had an issue with Motorola G71 5G phone, camera died in two weeks by the time return window was closed. So went to service centre, they have replaced the faulty camera part in a day time, which was nice..

So I was right about the bugs.
Today morning samsung released software upgrades to this android version and I installed them. First thing, I tested was, is my issue resolved. Both the reported issues by me now looks solved. I have tried multiple sites and multiple pdf documents, all of them now open. Also the contacts created from WhatsApp is now getting saved. All is well and that ends well. Maybe they would have checked hifivision bashing by me to resolve this :)-

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back