Setting up a customized audio system

joy_live

Hi Guyz,

I want to setup a customized audio system as I found out that the systems presented in the market at that range[15K] is not good enough.
So I wanted to have a spkr set,player[which supports FM/AM] and amplifier if pssbl.
Please advice which/what is the best combination?
I am resident at Kolktata, so please suggest anything that is available here.

Thanks.

Hi Guyz,

I want to setup a customized audio system as I found out that the systems presented in the market at that range[15K] is not good enough.
So I wanted to have a spkr set,player[which supports FM/AM] and amplifier if pssbl.
Please advice which/what is the best combination?
I am resident at Kolktata, so please suggest anything that is available here.

Thanks.

Buddy

Welcome to the forum...!!!
Have a pleasant stay here...!!!

Bro, in 15K a amp is a defenitely no no...(Considering some descency in the system)
But, yes you can a pair of speakers and a CD/DVD Player with DAB/Tuner...
But, how will you play those speakers without any amp...

Its better you go in for a second hand items...
(Mind you, please don't feel awkward, in AV industry the second hand items are not considered cheap or out dated or something like that)

The reason for suggesting you the same is, so that you can atleast get a descent stereo setup...and can get a new cd/dvd player...

Thanks Mridul.
Starting from scratch again please provide a good configuration within an affordable budget for source, amplifer[or pre-amp,not sure about the diff] and speakers, mind that I have a very small room to live, so the speakers need to suit that :D.

Please suggest the names and if possible the prices also.

As you are in Kolkata you can always checkout Chandni market and Metro galli for good hi-fi stuff. A few days back I saw a Technics amp in Chandni being sold for Rs.3200/-. I think one should get a good second hand amp for 2500 to 3500/-. Two preowned sonodyne speakers will cost approx Rs3000/-. As for amps Technics, Akai, Kenwood are good.

As you are in Kolkata you can always checkout Chandni market and Metro galli for good hi-fi stuff. A few days back I saw a Technics amp in Chandni being sold for Rs.3200/-. I think one should get a good second hand amp for 2500 to 3500/-. Two preowned sonodyne speakers will cost approx Rs3000/-. As for amps Technics, Akai, Kenwood are good.

Buddy

Dont mind but, i think you are talking about the local stuff and very much outdated ones..
Akai, Kenwood are no where considered in HT systems...

Yes i do agree with Technics, but the stuff seems to be too old at tht price...

Thanks Mridul.
Starting from scratch again please provide a good configuration within an affordable budget for source, amplifer[or pre-amp,not sure about the diff] and speakers, mind that I have a very small room to live, so the speakers need to suit that :D.

Please suggest the names and if possible the prices also.

Buddy

What my best suggestion is that you go in for CA-A340, with Rs.8K speakers...
either MS-Avant-901i, or Wharfedale Diamond 8.1...

CA-340 u can go in for new one from grey for approx. Rs.8K, or second hand for around Rs.7K...

Buddy

Dont mind but, i think you are talking about the local stuff and very much outdated ones..
Akai, Kenwood are no where considered in HT systems...

Yes i do agree with Technics, but the stuff seems to be too old at tht price...

I have a Kenwood Ka2200 amp. I am quite satisfied with the sound, hence the recommendation.:) You can checkout the model here
http://www.niji.or.jp/home/k-nisi/ka-1100.htm
In Japan it was sold with the Trio badge elsewhere as Kenwood.

Hi joy_live,

If you are still in the market and if you have Reliance Digital or Ezone in Kol check out Onkyo HT3100. Its available for Rs. 19,990 with a Philips DVD player thrown in which brings down the cost to about Rs. 16,500 to Rs. 17,000 depending on the DVD player cost and without the DVD player offer is available for around Rs. 18,000. This is in Reliance Digital and in Ezone they are offering a touch screen universal remote worth Rs. 5000 which is an even better offer in my view.

Coming to the HT itself, the Onkyo HT3100 absolutely rocks and gives great sound for the very limited budget. You will not regret purchasing it for the price its available at. Go and have a demo and then decide, but I can assure its worth picking up at this price.

Buddy

Welcome to the forum...!!!
Have a pleasant stay here...!!!

Bro, in 15K a amp is a defenitely no no...(Considering some descency in the system)

Bro in 15K A verry decent amp IS possible!! The NAD c325BEE is available in Singapore for SGD 480 on tourist visa, (resident visa holders pay additional 12.5%). If you convert it will be approx INR 14400.00.

I bought it last month.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back