Setting up an HiFi with Norge Mosfet 2000.

i have heard the norge mosfets in question
its a very different flavour from most integrated amps

its lovely to play long hours,
it is NOT bas heavy as some assume
if i have to define it using one word i would say its one of the most fluid or smooth indian amps ive heard
p.S i just hope youre not gonna want to extract minute details from recordings because it wont give you any.Instead it will give you some flowing music
Many would define this as "rolled off" . i would say thats ones perspective

i would not advice missions to go with this amp
i have my doubts on warfedale 9.2's too

i would say 9.1 is more suited

just dont selct a rolled off speaker too - you would have a dull combo

Thanks magma, your inputs are really valuable. Appreciate if you could suggest a floor standing speaker for my amp as well.

tsr
how large is your room

are you gonna have furniture close to the speakers
Are you sure floorstanders will suit you better than bookshleves

lastly what is your speakker budget

i have liked only a couple floorstanders ( budget ones )
umm ... im a bit surprised since a guy who buys a noge mosfet knows exactly what type of music he or she wants.
most of these budget floorstanders would not (INMO) give him what i would assume he is looking for when he buys the mosfet

ive heard only two speakers with the mosfet
i didnt like either
one was Mr bajaj's own millenium bookshelves ( well when i heard them they were not called millenium but MD 75 or something)
the other was a warfedale 8.5

Last edited:
It was great talking to you magma, and thanks for listening to my basic doubts and sharing your expert views on my setup. I will surely get an audition on Monitor speakers and will share my experience with you.

tsr,look up the for sale section and pick up the monitor audio br2 that shriram is selling ASAP!!!!it should go very well with ur 2000 mosfet and,u cant get a better setup than this as ur first,for any price!!!cheers

can the gurus please suggest a few good "combos" of CDP+ AMP+ FS Speakers ?
which are---

easily available/serviceable/saleable
around 50k to 100k
for large room
for 90 % soft rock mostly

upgradable as the years pass... !

Thanks !!

"2. A pair of speakers (not keen to spend as am planning to use existing 15 years old sony 8 ohms, 90W RMS with 5" driver and tweeter, the sound quality is very good compared to sony we now get in market), pls comment on the expected sound quality. if not good I may go for a pair (Norge Mellinium / WH 9.1)"

I don't know if you can audition Telome speakers in your city, but having listened to both Norge speakers and Telome, I would rate Telome higher.

3. A cd player with USB + Ipod connectivity

Marantz PM6003 has USB port that reads off iPod/iPhone as well as mp3, aac and wave files from pen drives.

5. A good pair of floor standing speakers

The choice here is huge - budget ones (19-21K), mids (27-28K), higher (35-45K). Please "choose" a budget first:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back