Setting up an HT system

aayushmathur

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up a home theatre in my apartment (in Chennai)

The budget is around Rs 100-150k (inclusive of video and HT).

The room size is approx 12' X12' and this can be used as a dedicated entertainment room.

The primary purpose of the system would be to watch movies. These would be through DTH services such as Tata Sky, DVDs ( might be pirated) and I a open to considering Blu-Ray as well.

Please let me know your recommendations on how to get started on this.

It has been great reading all your thoughts on this forum and I am certain that the advice forthcoming shall be extremely valuable to me.

Thanks in advance!

Aayush

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up a home theatre in my apartment (in Chennai)

The budget is around Rs 100-150k (inclusive of video and HT).

The room size is approx 12' X12' and this can be used as a dedicated entertainment room.

The primary purpose of the system would be to watch movies. These would be through DTH services such as Tata Sky, DVDs ( might be pirated) and I a open to considering Blu-Ray as well.

Please let me know your recommendations on how to get started on this.

It has been great reading all your thoughts on this forum and I am certain that the advice forthcoming shall be extremely valuable to me.

Thanks in advance!

Aayush

Bro

Welcome to the forum...!!!

We have one startup package for your requirements..
The package includes :
Q Acoustics - 1000i - 5.1 Bookshelf Package
Denon - 1709 - AV Reciever
Panasonic - 42" Plasma - PV8
Pioneer - DV-410 - DVD Player
Speaker, HDMI, Subwoofer and other cables and accessories...

As per your requirements, i will suggest you to keep aside the BlueRay player in this budget, as if you go in for a BluRay, then the Video, BluRay and Reciever will consume, 90% of your budget, then you will have nothing to spend on for speakers...and cables, and accessories..

you can consider the following
speaker brands :

Polk Audio
Wharfedale
Mordaunt Short
Q Acoustics

recievers brands :

Denon
Cambridge Audio
Yamaha

in this budget...

It would be prefferable if you could help us with more of your detailed requirements, and taste for your music/movies..with a brief discussion of your 12x12 room...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back