Setting up Win XP laptop as a media server/media-sharing rig.

Mine is V20D the 2D version, I guess VT was for 3D right and also above my budget at that time. Serviio works like a charm for Panasonic TVs as it has default profiles for Pana series TVs, just mentioned if in-case you want to give a try anyway to media servers at some point of time in future.

yes, its a 3D TV. though since format-support is very limited for the TV, i doubt i would be able to play most of them directly by streaming to the TV. had tried it once using DLNA i think from my router (or UPnP? dont remember), but format was not supported.

yes, its a 3D TV. though since format-support is very limited for the TV, i doubt i would be able to play most of them directly by streaming to the TV. had tried it once using DLNA i think from my router (or UPnP? dont remember), but format was not supported.

understood, Serviio is the way to go if you still want to evaluate streaming to this Pana in near future. Remember by default Generic profile is associated to device by Serviio which you need to manually set to Pana specific profiles to enable transcoding. Better if you have fixed IP reservation for TV.

understood, Serviio is the way to go if you still want to evaluate streaming to this Pana in near future. Remember by default Generic profile is associated to device by Serviio which you need to manually set to Pana specific profiles to enable transcoding. Better if you have fixed IP reservation for TV.

by this did you mean a fixed IP address/static IP address for the TV? if yes, then i do have that.

as an update - i installed Win 7 on my laptop sometime back. the laptop's responding well; however, some days back, had an issue with its display turning off if many tabs were opened in my browser (firefox), so i gave it sometime and was thinking of getting the GPU of the laptop reballed or replaced. thankfully, the problem hasn't surfaced again. now i've shared the drives of the laptop with other devices in the network, and can access them from my android phones and tab using ES file explorer, as well stream movies to my media player (HD900B) directly over the network and play them. will next check out serviio and streaming to my Pana TV directly without the media player in between.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back