SFP, Media Converter, Fiber optic, Copper isolation

Discontinued product sir.. Just checked.. Also I am running Windows 7 for the music laptop so looking at a simple but effective USB clean up.. Ifi and uptone Regen don't bring a substantial change even though they are simple and easy to use and install..
If Uptone Regen didn't do much for you, you don't have a problem that needs solving. In my opinion what you just need is an effective USB cable and you call it done!

Yes, you can, in fact, I have something similar in my setup.
bornfi,
After completing this Optical upgrade, do you think I can still insert Uptone Audio USB Isolator to get further improvements. I am already using the older version of Intona USB Isolator. Now they have new model with increased price around $400.
There are some good opinions about the new Intona.

bornfi,
After completing this Optical upgrade, do you think I can still insert Uptone Audio USB Isolator to get further improvements. I am already using the older version of Intona USB Isolator. Now they have new model with increased price around $400.
In fact in past may be 8 to 10 years back I did buy an Uptone Isolator. But than I did not find it to be very effective. It must still be lying some where.

bornfi,
If you already have Intona in the chain, there is no point in trying Uptone. But, to be honest, I do not have any experience with Uptone so, cannot claim anything but personally, I will stay away from something that reclocks. This is my personal opinion and I do not mean undermine anybody's decision who are already using such products.

I didn't believe this until I experienced the change it brought

Over the last couple of months I have upgraded almost every component in my setup...added a new DAC, Streamer, Wifi router, TT, amp, speakers, cd transport, power cords, conditioner...So now the problem starts ... TT sound is immaculate (provided the LPs are good pressings) , then comes CD, now the weakest link was the digital streaming end. Well I use a Lindemann streamer connected to a R2R AudioNote Dac. So the thought came to replace the streamer may be with a Lumin or DCS, however before that i thought of exploring ways of improving the digital frontend with whatever cost effective solutions .. this is when i bumped across threads (including in forum) to use fiber optic isolation. Well inquired about TP-Link transceivers but they were out of stock here in Bangalore so finally after a lot of research zeroed in on Mikrotik HexS router and transceiver and RS component fiber cable. Ordered the component waited for 2 weeks for delivery.
Now the fun part. Added the components in my digital chain as below (Qobuz & Spotify)
(1) TP Link AX-1500 wifi router <--Amazon basics cat7--> Lindemann Streamer
Sound is open, bit hazy, lacks resolution...some distraction sort of in the background (not really black)
(2) TP Link AX-1500 wifi router <--Amazon basics cat7--> Mikrotik HexS <----Fiber--->Mikrotik HexS <---X ---> Lindemann Streamer
a. X = basic ethernet cable - Sound is more warm, improved resolution .. background is somewhat black but still some distraction sort of
b. X = Phasure ethernet cable - Transformation in sound, weight on instruments (could literally feel the piano keys and guitar string vibrations) ... complete black background. This is close to TT or CD.
(3) TP Link AX-1500 wifi router <--Phasure Ethernet--> Lindemann Streamer
Sound is warm, improved resolution but not on par with 2.b

So if you really want to improve your digital streaming chain try the fiber optic isolation but also use a good ethernet cable or LAN isolator at the streamer end. (Total cost approx 16K + Phasure Ethernet cable which i borrowed from another FM)

Test Rig
Amp : Audio Note Meishu Tonmeister 300B
Speaker : AudioNote ANJ-SPE
Cable : Interconnects and Speaker silver cable
Streamer : Lindemann Limetree bridge
Dac : AudioNote 2.1 Sig

Components bought

I don’t see a big advantage here. Technically you are eliminating electronic distortion. By adding Optical you are converting current which has losses and eliminating any hums and dirty current traveling to your streamer. If you are streamer is sensitive to these you will see huge difference. But if your streamer is already doing a good filtering and error correction then you will not see much difference. Try to use insulated Ethernet cables on both ends and opt for full aluminum core cables.

Insulated? Did you mean shielded?

Any particular reason for recommending aluminum core?
Yes shielded and without copper cladding (correction required in my previous reply). Mainly when considering concealed inside the walls. And if you want to carry data upto 1Gbps.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back