Shall I use AVRs and Subwoofer from Germany?

manojdaran

Hello forum, my uncle is working in Germany and is coming to India later next month. Im planning to get some things like Subwoofer and AVR through him. First priority is Subwoofer [gonna pay for additional baggage]. Even with that cost, the total amount is way below what's here. My question is that, if the product needs any stepup or stepdown transformers or any other stabilizer to make it work flawlessly in India?

Subwoofer is Klipsch R-10SW. From Amazon Germany.

Thanks in advance.

If he is bringing from Germany the warranty is there fore not valid in India. In that case, I would have chosen a used sub from there which would be more of a bargain. you can find lots of better subs in that way for cheaper price. My preference would be a German brand from this list https://www.hifitest.de/bestenliste/subwoofer_home_96(used) so that we get something new which we wont find in India. Something like ASW, Audiophysic, Teufel , Nubert , T+A and so on.

Don't think so...the Volts would be same as India. Do check the specification on the item where it says up to 230V, 50Hz.
In Germany its same as India. Nothing needed, just need a different power cord if its a 3 pin one otherwise you may not get the ground connected due to the difference in shape of a German 3 pin.

Im planning to get some things like Subwoofer and AVR through him. First priority is Subwoofer [gonna pay for additional baggage]. Even with that cost, the total amount is way below what's here.

What is the total budget for AVR + subwoofer that you plan to get it from Germany?..

Your uncle can share the pic of the power plug through whatsapp or other social media platforms...more or less it would be the same used in India...

In terms of the sub...since you are getting one from there among the models you have shortlisted based on specs of power output, performance, size and placement needs....ensure you get a sub which can perform as low as 20hz.....typically for music 35hz sub works well...most music content is 50hz and above.....if watching movies, you will miss the punch and hence recommended to get a sub which can deliver as close as possible to 20hz....

I can understand getting an AVR from there which would weigh between 8kgs to 14 kgs (depends on which brand and model).

A sub will be heavy and if you are ready to pay for the weight.....ask your uncle to check what is the excess KG charges by the airline and then do the math....

If you have budgeted the sub for 20k + the weight charges and no warranty....would it not be better to look at Taga / Yamaha / BIC America subs which are available between 18k till 35k which give good performance and also warranty?

Hello forum, my uncle is working in Germany and is coming to India later next month. Im planning to get some things like Subwoofer and AVR through him. First priority is Subwoofer [gonna pay for additional baggage]. Even with that cost, the total amount is way below what's here. My question is that, if the product needs any stepup or stepdown transformers or any other stabilizer to make it work flawlessly in India?

Subwoofer is Klipsch R-10SW. From Amazon Germany.

Thanks in advance.
No step down needed, it will work directly, my earlier denon avr was brought down from Germany by me, It worked directly from our indian wall socket.

Cheers.

Your uncle can share the pic of the power plug through whatsapp or other social media platforms...more or less it would be the same used in India...

In terms of the sub...since you are getting one from there among the models you have shortlisted based on specs of power output, performance, size and placement needs....ensure you get a sub which can perform as low as 20hz.....typically for music 35hz sub works well...most music content is 50hz and above.....if watching movies, you will miss the punch and hence recommended to get a sub which can deliver as close as possible to 20hz....

I can understand getting an AVR from there which would weigh between 8kgs to 14 kgs (depends on which brand and model).

A sub will be heavy and if you are ready to pay for the weight.....ask your uncle to check what is the excess KG charges by the airline and then do the math....

If you have budgeted the sub for 20k + the weight charges and no warranty....would it not be better to look at Taga / Yamaha / BIC America subs which are available between 18k till 35k which give good performance and also warranty?

That's whats going on since last night. My uncle's baggage is full, he said he could take the AVR if possible this time. Sub is out of the option for now as the extra baggage charges is about $300. May be next time when he returns in Nov or Dec.

Are you saying I could get far better Sub at 21K with warranty right here? Previously, I planned to buy Yamaha SW100,, then rejected it and thought of something bigger Taga TSW 120 or 200, but seeing Klipsche at 21K confused me. Although Taga performs well at 35-150Hz, I loved Klipsche :( :(

There is no third pin for earth?
When you look at the socket, there are two metal strips , those are the earth on the socket. If you look at a German plug's shape you can see there is a strip on metal on the top of it , which is its earth. To me, German plugs are the best designed plugs for safety and solid fit connection.

i think Eurpean also uses similar voltage as india (220 Volts)
You just need an adapter ..plug it in and use it.

where as for American models we need Step down voltage transformer...

That's whats going on since last night. My uncle's baggage is full, he said he could take the AVR if possible this time. Sub is out of the option for now as the extra baggage charges is about $300. May be next time when he returns in Nov or Dec.

Are you saying I could get far better Sub at 21K with warranty right here? Previously, I planned to buy Yamaha SW100,, then rejected it and thought of something bigger Taga TSW 120 or 200, but seeing Klipsche at 21K confused me. Although Taga performs well at 35-150Hz, I loved Klipsche :(:(

Look at Yamaha SW315 or Taga 120/ 200...this is also good

http://profx.com/detailpage?brandId...17&Id_detail=468&aclass=2&menu=1&calledFrom=0

Profx ropes in 10% discount....demand for it!

there is no issue with using European products in India. Klipsch is a great sub for HT and i think way overpriced in india.

for the AVR do think it through and go local dealership as you will want the warranty.

thought of something bigger Taga TSW 120 or 200, but seeing Klipsche at 21K confused me.

Agreed Klipsch price in Europe is really good..

Taga TSW 200 is a 12inch sub and within 25K on amazon.in or any dealer if you can locate near by.. Per the specs it is rated down to 25Hz.. Rough guess, it should be able to do close to that value in your room.. Saves you the hassle of shipping..

Agreed Klipsch price in Europe is really good..

Taga TSW 200 is a 12inch sub and within 25K on amazon.in or any dealer if you can locate near by.. Per the specs it is rated down to 25Hz.. Rough guess, it should be able to do close to that value in your room.. Saves you the hassle of shipping..

Noted. How TAGA HARMONY PLATINUM SW-10 V.2 differs from TSW 200? apart from size and frequency?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back