share your vintage audio Setup Pictures

shoaib

hi there vitange audio enthusiasts

lets share some pictures of our vintage audio gear/setups.

ill start with my main setup and soon will share other collection as well.

in my main setup im running Pioneer SA 508, Sonodyne turntable, Akai 705 D Cassette Player, Sony Tuner, Bush AM MW tuner (1972), Bose Omnivector 1 Speakers, Sony CD player (although it stopped functioning after more than 25 years of playing music)

:) Since it gets from my father, I care a little bit about what else. Personally I am not a big fan of sonodyne. but its still work fine for me.. now days some minor speed problem giving this. However, I listen to the CDs so much now days bcz of vinyl's take caring. time matters

Hi Friends
I am a big fan of vintage items, and hv good collection including floor standing record player. Just need winding only no need of electricity.. see the pics of few.
Regards/ Pradeep

Attachments

• AA59680F-C047-4CD9-A03D-7AFC7ED8C01A.jpeg
    AA59680F-C047-4CD9-A03D-7AFC7ED8C01A.jpeg
    828.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 7C70092C-79C1-4653-8AB0-C7DA93778752.jpeg
    7C70092C-79C1-4653-8AB0-C7DA93778752.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 68
Hi friends,

I recently got myself a Technics M12 cassette Deck. Still plays as good as new. I am wondering if I can get a spare head somewhere.
Regards
Desibells

9582C4DE-8D47-4800-8E2E-F1E0203A5F10.jpeg

That’s my humble setup. The Yamaha is truly stunning with a mesmerising soundstage. I’m yet to add vintage speakers in it. Currently running it with a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze Bookshelves. Also in the plan is to get a Luxman Fully Automatic Turntable and an Akai Gc 747db or Teac XR2000 reel to reel player, at the moment I’m making do with the Pro-Ject Essential III Turntable.

View attachment 46381

That’s my humble setup. The Yamaha is truly stunning with a mesmerising soundstage. I’m yet to add vintage speakers in it. Currently running it with a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze Bookshelves. Also in the plan is to get a Luxman Fully Automatic Turntable and an Akai Gc 747db or Teac XR2000 reel to reel player, at the moment I’m making do with the Pro-Ject Essential III Turntable.

Having been disappointed with the poor upkeep of vintage items by most People in India (Sad), I sourced this set from Sweden, Norway and Slovenia. Trust me, they are in such pristine condition as if they’ve been really loved by their previous owners.

Having been disappointed with the poor upkeep of vintage items by most People in India (Sad), I sourced this set from Sweden, Norway and Slovenia. Trust me, they are in such pristine condition as if they’ve been really loved by their previous owners.
Do you have some one carry them for you? Also aren’t decks really expensive in Norway and Sweden compared to other places?

Do you have some one carry them for you? Also aren’t decks really expensive in Norway and Sweden compared to other places?
They were posted from there. I bought them through a site called tradera (Sweden) and through eBay (Norway and Slovenia). The prices were comparable to US and rest of Europe. They were also comparable than prices in India, nevertheless the condition was worth the premium. it’s difficult to find what you need in India due to limited inventory, you have to settle with what u get. From these countries I could be picky.

They were posted from there. I bought them through a site called tradera (Sweden) and through eBay (Norway and Slovenia). The prices were comparable to US and rest of Europe. They were also comparable than prices in India, nevertheless the condition was worth the premium. it’s difficult to find what you need in India due to limited inventory, you have to settle with what u get. From these countries I could be picky.
What about the customs? How did you manage that?

What about the customs? How did you manage that?
I didn’t have to make any special arrangements with the sender (like Under valuing the items or marking them as gifts). Since the items were used and btw all three of them packets were inspected by customs, I ended up paying duty on only one out of three. That too the rate of duty was ~5%, which was absolutely fine with me. On the other two items no duty was charged :)

I didn’t have to make any special arrangements with the sender (like Under valuing the items or marking them as gifts). Since the items were used and btw all three of them packets were inspected by customs, I ended up paying duty on only one out of three. That too the rate of duty was ~5%, which was absolutely fine with me. On the other two items no duty was charged :)
When was this? You are super lucky in Gwalior! Bangalore customs would have been really strict!

When was this? You are super lucky in Gwalior! Bangalore customs would have been really strict!
It was from Sep last year to Feb this year. The items were cleared through Mumbai customs. Irrespective of place of lading, the customs are mostly cleared in Mumbai. As most of cargo flights come to Mumbai, IMHO

It was from Sep last year to Feb this year. The items were cleared through Mumbai customs. Irrespective of place of lading, the customs are mostly cleared in Mumbai. As most of cargo flights come to Mumbai, IMHO
I actually want to order for a pair of speakers from Sweden, but I was worried how much the customs may charge me...

View attachment 46381

wow thats a dream setup

technically people in india never owned such gear, it all coming through second and thrown away stuff from other countries and dealers making money here with literally badly used and repaired vintage gear

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back