Sharing experience of DIY Fixed Screen

rdksrk2013

This is for the benefit of people thinking of DIY fixed screen option

I am sharing my experience during making my Home Theatre in 2014 and this need not be the benchmark but only a guidance.

At the starting I was wondering how to get a good carpenter who can understand the application and make a frame accordingly + expertise to fix the screen as proper stretching is crucial for a good screen experience.

If the carpenter makes a mistake of either improper stretching or soils the cloth then we may need to buy another cloth.

Coming across a good carpenter is a difficult task these days as itself we struggle to get a good carpenter for our interior work.

These were the worries before I had started this project.

With these thoughts in mind one day at a traffic junction I had observed a bunch guys putting up a huge banner and painstakingly stretching the flexi banner. With this idea I approached the nearest flexi banner maker and after the outcome I concluded that this is the easiest and better way to make our own DIY screen as these banner makers knew correct method to stretch the screen and hang the screen.

Attached pics are self explanatory stepwise. Excuse me if the pics are low resolution since it has to be accommodate within the allotted size limit.

Link:

https://imgur.com/a/ipAVR

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back