Shindo Aurieges MM preamplifier

Hello everybody,
Shindo wrote back asking about how much volume I am using from the preamp. That reminded me reading up about keeping the volume pot on the shindo higher.
So I turned the system on and reduced the volume from my EAR 890 amp to zero (it has two volume attenuation pots at the back) and just like that the hum/static is gone even when I put my ear tight to the speakers.
I then reduced volume from EAR power to 25 percent and increased volume of shindo pre to 75 percent. Earlier i was keeping volume rougly at 50 percent (maybe slightly more) from both power and preamp..Decent level of volume for me now and no hum at all.

It's only been an hour since i have been playing music but I hope it was much ado about nothing and my apologies. Fingers crossed. Thanks to all of you guys who reached out. Some senior members went over and beyond through personal messages. Very grateful to them, you know who you are. THANKS.
As a side note, do you have any grounding for your tone arm. Either at the SUT or phono stage. A continous spinning vinyl, under a stylus can generate a lot of static is what I read somewhere. Iam completely dumb at vinyl, but thought I'd just share what I read sometime back. All the best :)

As a side note, do you have any grounding for your tone arm. Either at the SUT or phono stage. A continous spinning vinyl, under a stylus can generate a lot of static is what I read somewhere. Iam completely dumb at vinyl, but thought I'd just share what I read sometime back. All the best :)
Hi Manohar. Yes my tone arm has a grounding wire along with rca and I ground that to the phono. So many variables come into play when you are troubleshooting. Thanks for the reminder.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back