Shopping in UK...

sud98

Hi,

I am currently in London for a week. Can anyone suggest what are the things one should look for (which have a price/value advantage over India) and where?
Electronics or in general :) Most things are so bloody expensive its hard to find anything of value.

Thanks in advance

Buy some nice toys for your kids from hamleys. If not anything, that will serve as a nice momento from one of the finest toy shops in the world.. and probably the most famous.

electronics- go to tottenham court rd. and walk the way from the station upto sainsbury's and in the byelanes.. you might find somestuff..

If you do buy something there, ask for a VAT refund RECEIPT. This one you can exchange in the airport and get a vat refund, which will save you some sterling.

But generally UK is not a good place for buying electronics. Ahh yes.. get some nice dvd's from HMV.. If you are patient and look around you can get amazing deals expecially on the boxed ones. i get mad when i visit the music shops there.

And.. if you can.. do look around for UK made speakers and amps.. though i havent ventured on this.. i think it might be cheaper than what you get back home in india.
My 2c.

Regards and have fun shopping

Last edited:
Thanks, yes speakers are very tempting as they are quite cheaper, although have postponed my decision to buy them, so not attempting to even look at them.

You could check out the clearance bargains on av equipment at Richer Sounds stores. Check their website.

Thanks everyone, I did buy DVD's from HMV at some real bargain price (avg. price was 3 GBP).

Some unbelievable prices for speakers Tannoy F1 custom at 89 pounds for a pair, just about resisted to buy.

Thanks everyone, I did buy DVD's from HMV at some real bargain price (avg. price was 3 GBP).

Some unbelievable prices for speakers Tannoy F1 custom at 89 pounds for a pair, just about resisted to buy.
Wow, 89 pounds is a good deal! which store is this?
And the dvd titles you got were new/old?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back