Should I buy a used BIC America H-100II sub?

Strings

Hello friends,

One of my friend has a 2.5 year old BIC H-100II sub which honestly is not much of any use to him since he is mostly into music and he hardly uses the sub. He is ready to let go of it for 17k. This model sits above F12 and below PL200. I'm unable to find the current price of this sub. The F12 currently costs around 34k and PL200 goes for around 43k, so I'm guessing this should be anywhere between 37k to 40k.

Considering all that do you think 17k is a good deal?? The physical condition of the sub is excellent and the sound quality is top notch too.

Should I go for it?

Ask your friend if s/he will allow you to use it for a week at your place

Maybe you can have an arrangement in this regard

Then decide

Regards

Hello friends,

One of my friend has a 2.5 year old BIC H-100II sub which honestly is not much of any use to him since he is mostly into music and he hardly uses the sub. He is ready to let go of it for 17k. This model sits above F12 and below PL200. I'm unable to find the current price of this sub. The F12 currently costs around 34k and PL200 goes for around 43k, so I'm guessing this should be anywhere between 37k to 40k.

Considering all that do you think 17k is a good deal?? The physical condition of the sub is excellent and the sound quality is top notch too.

Should I go for it?

I used this sub for close to 2 years before upgrading to the PL 200 (series i)....

Is there warranty left on the sub? It was 5 years overall and 2 years on the sub amp....

Its miles better and ahead than the F12 and almost the same as the PL200 barring its output power........

if he can give it for 15k....nothing like it ;)

The price was almost the same as the F12......I auditioned the F12 and didnt like it then....did a blind purchase of the H100ii and never regretted it.....its the best blend for movies and music......I sold it to one of my friend who uses the same in a room which is almost thrice the area i was using it and he is STILL enjoying every minute of it till date!

I used this sub for close to 2 years before upgrading to the PL 200 (series i)....

Is there warranty left on the sub? It was 5 years overall and 2 years on the sub amp....

Its miles better and ahead than the F12 and almost the same as the PL200 barring its output power........

if he can give it for 15k....nothing like it ;)

The price was almost the same as the F12......I auditioned the F12 and didnt like it then....did a blind purchase of the H100ii and never regretted it.....its the best blend for movies and music......I sold it to one of my friend who uses the same in a room which is almost thrice the area i was using it and he is STILL enjoying every minute of it till date!
Thank you so much for your response. Gave me a lot of confidence.
He actually wanted to sell it for 20k but for me he's giving it for 17k. I don't think I can (read should) negotiate further. Just wanted to know if 17k is still a good deal.

For a 12 inch sub as the H100ii I think its a good purchase...check the warranty part....better to have.....

If I should go by trustful words then it is @efernand1. Just buy it blindly provided you negotiate if your friend does not mind but surely audition them.
Just lately 2 weeks ago, as suggested by @efernand1 i purchased Bic America, pl200ii. And they are heavenly awesome, specially compared not only to the heavy bass but also in comparison to company warranty. Happy listening !!!

If I should go by trustful words then it is @efernand1. Just buy it blindly provided you negotiate if your friend does not mind but surely audition them.
Just lately 2 weeks ago, as suggested by @efernand1 i purchased Bic America, pl200ii. And they are heavenly awesome, specially compared not only to the heavy bass but also in comparison to company warranty. Happy listening !!!
Yes. Efernand1 has given me confidence too (thanks again bro).
I have heard this sub at my friend's place. Though it is decent for music (not that great, which is why my friend is selling it) but absolutely brilliant for movies. I am mostly into movies and listen to music maybe only 10% so I guess I can live with the small flaw.
I am not sure about the warranty though, not sure if he got the 5 year warranty what the company is giving now. I have to check that with him.
I remember the prices of BIC subs going for 24k to 30k two or three years back but suddenly there was a spike in prices, probably due to addition of additional warranty. I'm only assuming this.

Hi

If you do proper settings on the AVR, the sub will perform well for both....it is designed to provide a good experience for music and movies...

The prices were within 30 - 34k around 2 to 3 years back...the spike in rates is due to the Dollar.......so most brands which are imported have gone up....

Getting a 12inch sub for 17K is a sweet deal.. Grab it.. What is your present sub?..
Hello elangoas,
Presently I'm using a small 8" sub, Yamaha NS-SW050. Its a compact unit with only 50 watts of power, but I have to say that it does a great job for music. It's tight and keeps up with all kinds of fast paced music.
What I am missing is the big power slams, deep rumbles while watching movies, which, this small sub quite understandably won't be able to produce, hence this upgrade.
BTW, my friend is ready to trade the sub for 16k now. He got 2 year warranty when he bought it so there's no warranty anymore.
But it's been used very less and at this price I really don't think I can ask for anything else.

Presently I'm using a small 8" sub, Yamaha NS-SW050. Its a compact unit with only 50 watts of power, but I have to say that it does a great job for music. It's tight and keeps up with all kinds of fast paced music.
What I am missing is the big power slams, deep rumbles while watching movies, which, this small sub quite understandably won't be able to produce, hence this upgrade.
BTW, my friend is ready to trade the sub for 16k now. He got 2 year warranty when he bought it so there's no warranty anymore.
But it's been used very less and at this price I really don't think I can ask for anything else.

16k is a good deal....go ahead......

So i guess, you are now going dual subs..;)

So i guess, you are now going dual subs..;)
I guess I am...:)

So that would mean my updated setup will be Pioneer FS52 towers, BS22 bookshelves, C22 center, Yamaha SW050 sub for music and BIC America H100ii sub for movies... :D ...... Yeah, I'm growing in life:p

Cheers guys

Last edited:
At any point you feel unsatisfied, you can resell it to forum members here. I think lot of folks at this price would happy to grab it too. Just adding another angle, hopefully you don't have to.

Hello all,

Update on the BIC sub....

I got the sub home about a week ago. Here are my initial impressions.......

1. Its HUGE. My Yamaha sub looks like a toddler in front of it.
  2. Sounds incredible. Big and powerful explosions. The lows are deep and rattles everything in the room.
  3. Works well with music too. It doesn't interfere with other notes until it is required, and when it does, its very well defined and tight.
  4. Sounds controlled and poised even at high volumes. Although i did not try more than 70% of the volume.
  5. Premium quality materials used. The piano black finish on top looks cool.
Thank you everyone for helping me out on this one:)

Cheers

Hello all,

Update on the BIC sub....

I got the sub home about a week ago. Here are my initial impressions.......

1. Its HUGE. My Yamaha sub looks like a toddler in front of it.
  2. Sounds incredible. Big and powerful explosions. The lows are deep and rattles everything in the room.
  3. Works well with music too. It doesn't interfere with other notes until it is required, and when it does, its very well defined and tight.
  4. Sounds controlled and poised even at high volumes. Although i did not try more than 70% of the volume.
  5. Premium quality materials used. The piano black finish on top looks cool.
Thank you everyone for helping me out on this one:)

Cheers

Welcome....very few know about the performance of the BIC America subs.....its total value for money spent.......enjoy and take good care of it.......if you treat it well...it will last long enough.....

Post pics of the same please.......

Happy Listening!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back