Should I buy this?

gobble

Is this good for home hifi or only suitable to recording studios and live events?

Ultra-Compact 9-Band Graphic Equalizer with FBQ

BEHRINGER: FBQ800

FBQ800_P0334_Front_web.jpg

How Does it Work?
Imagine the frequency range of the sound you hear as a highway, a very wide one with nine lanes. Each of these lanes represents a single octave of the sonic spectrum. The first four lanes, labeled 63 - 500 (Hz) contain the really low frequency sound content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums. The three lanes labeled 1 k, 2 k and 4 k (Hz), make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals. 8 k and 16 k cover the frequency range of cymbals, snare drums and higher pitched percussion instruments. The FBQ800 allows you to control the flow of audio traffic in each of these nine lanes. When properly applied, EQ makes it possible to hear all of these frequency ranges equally, thus the term equalization.

# FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies and can also be used as an Audio Analyzer
# Additional Low Cut filter removes unwanted frequencies, e. g. floor rumble
# Accurate 6-digit LED Input/Output meters and Level control for precise level indication
# High-quality illuminated faders, Alps potentiometer and illuminated switches for long-term reliability
# Ultra low-noise audio operational amplifiers offer outstanding sound performance

@around 40GBP or 65USD is looks affordable to me.

Thanks for your valuable opinions, especially Behringer owners. :)

Manual here: http://www.behringer.com/EN/downloads/pdf/FBQ800_P0334_M_EN.pdf It has RCA in/out as well.

I want to rain my tube preamp so dont want anything more spohisticated like the DEQ 24/192 that other members have.

Cheers

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back