How to get depth in a stereo setup?

I have tried all of these ie Both on the HF terminal , Both in the LF and one on LF and one on HF. I think there were differences but could not really be sure how much is Psychoacoustics and how much was real or even what was better. hence keep both on LF now assuming , maybe the bass will be better 🤞

Changing the jumper cables to the same cable as the speaker wire seemed to sound better so have kept it as is ! I of course use bare wire as option 1 and spade as option 2 for speaker cable and jumper.

I have tried all of these ie Both on the HF terminal , Both in the LF and one on LF and one on HF. I think there were differences but could not really be sure how much is Psychoacoustics and how much was real or even what was better. hence keep both on LF now assuming , maybe the bass will be better 🤞

Changing the jumper cables to the same cable as the speaker wire seemed to sound better so have kept it as is ! I of course use bare wire as option 1 and spade as option 2 for speaker cable and jumper.
If you use prepared cables, it is very very hard to find the same cable for the jumpers. If you are building your own speaker cable, then yes using the same cable is the most sensible option.

Last edited:
After watching this video, my preference shifted to speakers with a single set of binding posts. Life feels less complicated now :)

not watched it..but my guess is it will say differences in sound are due to the effective. cable gauge change and maybe number of connectors ;)

I Always Find this simple hack of Cross Connection of Speaker Cables along the binding posts, gets me better Depth in stereo, along with better instrumental separation.

Could be mostly a Subjective Opinion but I'd love to hear other FMs experience with this kind of connection. This is quite simple, attaching pics for reference...

View attachment 75360View attachment 75361
Can anyone explain why this might lead to better soundstage?

The only reason Q acoustic could be recommending this could be to increase the space between the positive and negative making it much safer against a short.

That's interesting.This shouldn't make any sound difference( in Theory) ,other than the practical benefit of more spacing between positive and negative making it safe against a short .
But if you have heard a sound difference , who am I to comment.
Actually increasing that spacing pays dividends in a different kind of way. Since I use seperates when it comes to electronics. Thought I'd try out the same with speakers. So my DIY speaker's crossovers were built inside a separate wooden box with internal copper foil shielding to reduce EMI/RF, and each section is spaced away from the other to reduce cross talk. Each driver is connected to its respective crossover with its dedicated pair of speaker cables. And the crossover boxes are placed on Townshend seismic podiums to isolate them from external and speaker generated vibrations. I guess it all just works in the end. As the sound is clean with good separation.

After watching this video, my preference shifted to speakers with a single set of binding posts. Life feels less complicated now :)

Love this guy. What he says is what I believe. The only thing that is happening is resistance decreases. But that can be done by using a thicker cable instead of two set of wires which will increase susceptibility to noise pickup.
Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 11.44.56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Each driver is connected to its respective crossover with its dedicated pair of speaker cables. And the crossover boxes are placed on Townshend seismic podiums to isolate them from external and speaker generated vibrations. I guess it all just works in the end. As the sound is clean with good separation.
That's the way to do it. Two separate cross-overs electrically separated and then bi-amp the stuff. I have tried bi-amping and that does change the sound signature. But wi-wiring, no one in my familiy can make out the difference

Love this guy. What he says is what I believe. The only thing that is happening is resistance decreases. But that can be done by using a thicker cable instead of two set of wires which will increase susceptibility to noise pickup.
View attachment 75384
In my opinion. Anything that needs a controlled double blind test is just not worth bothering with. I don't listen critically. So unless a improvement is easily evident on a casual listen, I wouldn't bother lightering my wallet for it.

In my opinion. Anything that needs a controlled double blind test is just not worth bothering with. I don't listen critically. So unless a improvement is easily evident on a casual listen, I wouldn't bother lightering my wallet for it.
Absolutely. The key word is "Casual Listening". If it calls for critical listening to make out the difference, the brain will definitely play tricks and will justify the lightening of our wallets.

Back