Should I go for new HTS or upgrading just FRONT SPEAKERS R ENOUGH??

Shankar1103

I have onkyo 5.1 Hts 3400.
I listen to songs more. Not a movie buff.

my room size is 150square feet.

I am pretty much satisfied with my current system. But, I feel like, bit used to it. I want to feel something better.

spoke to some experts. I was told, for my room size, the one I have right now is pretty good.

I would like to have bit more clarity.
should I jus upgrade my front speakers.. if so, kindly suggest me speakers.

or, could I go for new HTS. If so, suggest me HTS that would suit my small room

I have onkyo 5.1 Hts 3400.
I listen to songs more. Not a movie buff.

my room size is 150square feet.

I am pretty much satisfied with my current system. But, I feel like, bit used to it. I want to feel something better.

spoke to some experts. I was told, for my room size, the one I have right now is pretty good.

I would like to have bit more clarity.
should I jus upgrade my front speakers.. if so, kindly suggest me speakers.

or, could I go for new HTS. If so, suggest me HTS that would suit my small room

following, have same situation!

You're more or less on the correct upgrade path in my books. Upgrade the fronts with nice bookshelves.

Live with the sound for some time. If you ever feel the itch to upgrade thereafter(which a pair of nice speakers will beget), you can cross that bridge when the time comes.

Mention a budget to get suggestions for speakers.

You're more or less on the correct upgrade path in my books. Upgrade the fronts with nice bookshelves.

Live with the sound for some time. If you ever feel the itch to upgrade thereafter(which a pair of nice speakers will beget), you can cross that bridge when the time comes.

Mention a budget to get suggestions for speakers.
Budget upto 20k, if only for front speakers.

Budget upto 20k, if only for front speakers.
For less than 20k, i have no suggestions. I have the Bostons Acoustics A26 and while they are fantastic speakers in their own right with 6.5 inch drivers, something that you’d be hard pressed to get below 20k (the A26 is no longer available), increasing your budget to 30k will give you a much wider and better selection of speakers. To my mind, the Mission QX2 is the perfect end game speaker below 1L. There are plenty of user reviews on the same in this forum as well as professional reviews online.

My front speakers Polk s20 are doing more than enough job for for low freq effects which needed in songs ..

I heard these are the larger bookshelfs ever made .. They are slightly on bright side .. Which may not prefer it for songs .. But for movies it was amazing

I heard for few songs needed a dedicated subwoofer .. as no tower or front speaker can do justice in such situations.

If you are happy with the mid range of your current speaker I will suggest you to go a dedicated subwoofer

Myself I am using a HTS12 subwoofer at 120hz crossover .. It kicks in when I am usually watching movies

As suggested by Manofx , also I will suggest you to go a dedicated subwoofer... For sure it will give a pretty much good change. Once the cutoff point change in the dedicated subwoofer, clarity improves on your front or centre speakers.

My front speakers Polk s20 are doing more than enough job for for low freq effects which needed in songs ..

I heard these are the larger bookshelfs ever made .. They are slightly on bright side .. Which may not prefer it for songs .. But for movies it was amazing

I heard for few songs needed a dedicated subwoofer .. as no tower or front speaker can do justice in such situations.

If you are happy with the mid range of your current speaker I will suggest you to go a dedicated subwoofer

Myself I am using a HTS12 subwoofer at 120hz crossover .. It kicks in when I am usually watching movies
As suggested by Manofx , also I will suggest you to go a dedicated subwoofer... For sure it will give a pretty much good change. Once the cutoff point change in the dedicated subwoofer, clarity improves on your front or centre speakers.
I'm all for a good subwoofer but there's no replacement for good speakers. The subwoofers adds to the speakers. I haven't heard the Onkyo but unless they're as good as other speakers at the 20-30k range, I'd definitely invest in speakers first.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back