Should I put speakers in series

You can refer to Dolby speaker layout

Thanks a lot @HTuser, I didn't realize I need an AVR that supports "front wide" - I don't think the Marantz AVR 6013 supports it. This image below is what is in process, I want to optimize the sound for the first 2 rows (no care for 3rd row). I still have maybe 2-3 days if I want to change the configuration / positioning.

Could anyone suggest please?

Room-layout.jpg

Once again the equipment I have (It's arrived and with supplier):

Receiver / Amp
  • Marantz sr6013 7ch AVR receiver
  • Marantz mm7055 5ch amp

Klipsch speakers for a 9.1.4 setup:
  • 3 fronts
  • 4 surrounds (duplicate of surround channels)
  • 2 rear (bookshelf type)
  • 4 Ceiling
  • 1 Sub

Thanks a lot @HTuser, I didn't realize I need an AVR that supports "front wide" - I don't think the Marantz AVR 6013 supports it. This image below is what is in process, I want to optimize the sound for the first 2 rows (no care for 3rd row). I still have maybe 2-3 days if I want to change the configuration / positioning.

Could anyone suggest please?

View attachment 44432

Once again the equipment I have (It's arrived and with supplier):

Receiver / Amp
  • Marantz sr6013 7ch AVR receiver
  • Marantz mm7055 5ch amp

Klipsch speakers for a 9.1.4 setup:
  • 3 fronts
  • 4 surrounds (duplicate of surround channels)
  • 2 rear (bookshelf type)
  • 4 Ceiling
  • 1 Sub

Looks ok.

The front ceiling can be moved some more to front area and rear ceiling can be moved to back

The AVR allows you to set only Top Front Ceiling Speakers and Top Rear Ceiling speakers.
You cannot select Top Middle and Top Rear ceiling speaker positions at a time when you have 4 ceiling speakers.
Slightly more wider configuration will give you wider ceiling image.

2 subwoofers are recommended to get proper subwoofer effects to all seating positions, you my consider adding them soon.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back