Should Klipsch Heresy IIIs retire??

No offence, but I’d still question the validity of all our hearing impressions of a speaker recording captured on phone (or mic ? ) , uploaded on and compressed by YouTube , heard on headphones. :)

Reason why some of the better respected hifi reviewers on YT only talk about the products and do not upload recordings.

We do have FMs are who are very very critical in their Hearing and Listening areas,
What we have here is a common yardstick ( the use of same mic/recording source with its limitations of freq range or sensitivity .. ) to compare the same timeline of a song in the same video which does throw up the difference. That works !, I dint think we I have to go back to check with Tharbamar setups for these acute way of evaluations.
For easier comparison on this method , open the same video on 2 different tab/browser window and play side by side randomly ...
Use of headphones - yes recommended, transparent one. ( again , both the sound is played from the same source on a delivery which is again a common yardstick ).

... again, my opinions here.

Do measurements matter a single iota at this stage where the owner (and maker ) of the Ahujas is damn pleased with it , even preferring it to his own Heresys?
Not important to you or user, but important for people like me, who are doing a lot of research and discovering why.

Thanks for sharing these, Subbu. Once again, the impression of these being good rockers is validated. When drums (of any kind, western or Indian) come on, they shine. The PRAT - their strength is best capitalised on.

However, I could hear a lot of room echo/reflections in the sound. Why’s that? Probably more furniture and carpeting might have helped? i imagine you’ve taken care of that since. Also wonder what changes the DIY stand has done to the sound? The stock risers keep the Heresies much closer to the ground - don’t you think it’s part of the intended design? I read your argument about the listening height in comments section of one of the YT videos. But those taller stands also means you had to reduce the original angle of speakers, down to almost vertical. I wonder if that leads to more reflections off the floor than the original tilted position with the stock risers?

Do you have any recordings with the stock risers (in the same room) at all? Would be interesting to hear the contrast.

Oh yes, these are one of the most homelier speaker designs I’ve seen. The stocky built, low height, light coloured veneer, the beige grille, even that upward tilt - all of it adds up to a classic/Art Deco aesthetic that’s easy to fall in love it.
Spot on..

Easily approved by wife. The moment the first speaker slid out of the box, she said it looked so much better than those old monsters (Jamo E855 in black - only 18cm or so wide and 95cm high, STILL Monsters for her). Heresy veneer is real & book matched California Black Walnut, lambs wool grill, cute looking, tilting up like a baby sitting on the floor and looking at you.

The Heresys are designed to work on their risers. However, not every time it is good. You need to be in about 2.5m from them. Farther, it muddies the sound as HF flies above your ears. Those stands in the 2016 videos were DIY and tilted them to aim tweeters at ear level when sitting on my sofa.

When I added the sub in 2019, had to do away with the low height stands and make them sit straight to reduce the floor coupling. That improved the imaging and clarify the sound a lot.

Living in rented apartment in a foreign land with "anytime good bye" threat, at least many of us limit the movable "assets" in our houses. So room treatment with furniture is limited. There is a cloths rack to the left of the speakers to provide additional damping🤭🤭

Last edited:
No offence, but I’d still question the validity of all our hearing impressions of a speaker recording captured on phone (or mic ? ) , uploaded on and compressed by YouTube , heard on headphones. :)

Reason why some of the better respected hifi reviewers on YT only talk about the products and do not upload recordings.
Absolutely no argument about this. This being a comparison with the only change being the speakers, at the most it can give a fair representation of what to expect.

What we have here is a common yardstick ( the use of same mic/recording source with its limitations of freq range or sensitivity .. ) to compare the same timeline of a song in the same video which does throw up the difference. That works !, I dint think we I have to go back to check with Tharbamar setups for these acute way of evaluations.
For easier comparison on this method , open the same video on 2 different tab/browser window and play side by side randomly ...
Use of headphones - yes recommended, transparent one. ( again , both the sound is played from the same source on a delivery which is again a common yardstick ).

... again, my opinions here.
IMO with less and less brick and mortar stores good recordings do help online purchasers. In my case had to take the plunge (AE Dirhams 10k in 2016 - now INR 2lac, no returns) when I bought Heresy. No recordings were there on the net at least to know how it might sound.

I recently heard a comparison done in a scientific way between Linton and Heresy (towards the end) but that requires a good level of skills and equipment.

and this for Lii Audio F5 - you'd switch 🤭 🤭

As suspected earlier, ACA was the bottleneck to drive Klipsch Heresy IIIs to their glory. With the tube amp, they are back to their lively sense. Still a comparison to be done as before.

And KEF Kube 12b is also more authoritative with the tube than ACA in bridged mono.

As suspected earlier, ACA was the bottleneck to drive Klipsch Heresy IIIs to their glory. With the tube amp, they are back to their lively sense. Still a comparison to be done as before.

And KEF Kube 12b is also more authoritative with the tube than ACA in bridged mono.
Glad to be proven right. ;)

Do try the Pass Labs F5. 25watts of pure class A - have heard it with Tannoy vintage monitor Golds, 15’’ full range beauties.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back