Should we be taken for a ride.

pradski

Hello, everybody

Recently I was buying for an upgrade. Since I have to travel to bangalore for everything. It is quite difficult for me to visit many dealers, with that mad traffic. But when I decided on WF 9.6. The MRP quoted was 39k and he told my price will be 36k. finally I got for 33.6 k. That is ok.

Then I got DAC cable. 120/mt. I just checked this cable in the net. This is not shown. As the cable is 14G. The speaker wire just says OFC designeraudio. no mention of gauge or anything at all. This is dual thick black cable. Not dual in a single sheath. I do not know much about it so lets forget.

Then I asked for Centre CM. He told me MRP 14,700 my price will be 13.5k I agreed for 13. Next 8DFS MRP 12500 my price will be 11.5 I agreed for 11. Next Vanguard V 435 8k my price will be 7.5k.

Why I am writing is today I saw the MRP of wharfedale speakers posted by ManiJ, in one of the threads. I was shocked to see MRP were really the price he was reducing to me and saying your price as if I was his good customer and he was giving me great discount. I was feeling really high and happily giving it. I really felt bad.
The real MRP- as per the post was
WF9.6 - 36k
CM-13.5
8DFS-11.5
Vanguard 7.5k

Sometimes I think it is better to go the showrooms where atleast they have employed many guys with heavy expenses and still catering to us. When we compare to many dealers who sit alone with one assistant with meagre salary and still hardly giving any discount.

I know the reason I got WF 9.6 for 33.6k is I had taken a friend who wanted a projector and screen and wall mount quite an expensive buy which he got.

Still this way of fooling us is unnecessary. it is ok if you can't give discount, tell us the MRP if we like, we will buy. Quoting above MRP and telling MRP as a special discount, is cheap con. Infact I have still extra money and am waiting for order to receive.

I just thought I will put this, may be it is useful for some atleast.

Cheers

Attachments

• WH-MRP.xls
    32.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Well at least you got the stuff at below-MRP and most dealers would probably offer you a similar level of discount only. So while their dishonesty is deplorable, don't worry that you got taken for a ride.

Hello, everybody

Recently I was buying for an upgrade. Since I have to travel to bangalore for everything. It is quite difficult for me to visit many dealers, with that mad traffic. But when I decided on WF 9.6. The MRP quoted was 39k and he told my price will be 36k. finally I got for 33.6 k. That is ok.

Then I got DAC cable. 120/mt. I just checked this cable in the net. This is not shown. As the cable is 14G. The speaker wire just says OFC designeraudio. no mention of gauge or anything at all. This is dual thick black cable. Not dual in a single sheath. I do not know much about it so lets forget.

Then I asked for Centre CM. He told me MRP 14,700 my price will be 13.5k I agreed for 13. Next 8DFS MRP 12500 my price will be 11.5 I agreed for 11. Next Vanguard V 435 8k my price will be 7.5k.

Why I am writing is today I saw the MRP of wharfedale speakers posted by ManiJ, in one of the threads. I was shocked to see MRP were really the price he was reducing to me and saying your price as if I was his good customer and he was giving me great discount. I was feeling really high and happily giving it. I really felt bad.
The real MRP- as per the post was
WF9.6 - 36k
CM-13.5
8DFS-11.5
Vanguard 7.5k

Sometimes I think it is better to go the showrooms where atleast they have employed many guys with heavy expenses and still catering to us. When we compare to many dealers who sit alone with one assistant with meagre salary and still hardly giving any discount.

I know the reason I got WF 9.6 for 33.6k is I had taken a friend who wanted a projector and screen and wall mount quite an expensive buy which he got.

Still this way of fooling us is unnecessary. it is ok if you can't give discount, tell us the MRP if we like, we will buy. Quoting above MRP and telling MRP as a special discount, is cheap con. Infact I have still extra money and am waiting for order to receive.

I just thought I will put this, may be it is useful for some atleast.

Cheers

Thanks psychotropic,

I just read other thread on mumbai dealers. It was like a roller coaster ride.

I know lot of seniors have also faced worse than mine. So I should accept it like it is.

well these are common...
one interesting line is

"we make just 500Rs of this product"

beware of dealer /seller ploy ! always go with prior knowledge of the prices ..:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back