Show off Your CD Player!

Might not match the rest in vintage. But I love it all the same :).

Apart from being a CD/ Sacd player. It is also my main dac and preamp. Feeding my power amps directly. Probably the singular best purchase of my life...And a big thanks to @ONEMANARMY View attachment 42930 for parting with it on my behalf :)

Iam away from home and don't have any other pics. So I might be showing my power amps in the pic also :D
Really gorgeous

Might not match the rest in vintage. But I love it all the same :).

Apart from being a CD/ Sacd player. It is also my main dac and preamp. Feeding my power amps directly. Probably the singular best purchase of my life...And a big thanks to @ONEMANARMY View attachment 42930 for parting with it on my behalf :)

Iam away from home and don't have any other pics. So I might be showing my power amps in the pic also :D
Which rack is that?

Thanks.

Oh I forgot to show off my cd player:Dwhich I bought on 16th March but got delivered at the end of May due to current coronavirus pandemic.
It is Marantz SA10 SACD player.
Come on ...you've been long enough here to know...that we don't accept new purchases, unless accompanied by a few pics to drool over.....enough said..I will go get my towel now :D

Which rack is that?

Thanks.
This is actually not a rack at all :D

I was so broke after buying that CD player, that I bought 4 coofee tables from urban ladder for 3.5k each I think. And stacked them vertically :D

They might still be available if you like their look :)

Which rack is that?

Thanks.
And did I mention that is was flexible too :D

Those 4 cooffee tables have served me well :)

I can keep changing the layout of my system , to please my wife whenever she gets cross :D

Below are different iterations of the same 4 peices of coffee tables :)

IMG-20191114-WA0077.jpg
Above is the tall one :D

And below is the fat one :D

IMG-20200816-WA0095.jpg

Come on ...you've been long enough here to know...that we don't accept new purchases, unless accompanied by a few pics to drool over.....enough said..I will go get my towel now :D

I was so broke after buying that CD player, that I bought 4 coofee tables from urban ladder for 3.5k each I think. And stacked them vertically :D

I can keep changing the layout of my system , to please my wife whenever she gets cross :D

View attachment 56990

View attachment 56991
Lovely and splendid ....

View attachment 56990

View attachment 56991
Hi, looks like you are bi-amping your speakers. And what's that brown box with 3 pairs of terminals below the monoblocks? Active crossover? Could you detail the components in your setup? Beautiful set up .

Regards

Hi, looks like you are bi-amping your speakers. And what's that brown box with 3 pairs of terminals below the monoblocks? Active crossover? Could you detail the components in your setup? Beautiful set up .

Regards
Hi :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

Yes Iam biamping the speakers at the moment. But it's a looong story. The wooden boxes you mentioned are actually the external passive crossovers. And the speakers being effeceint at 90db are very easy to drive. So actually biamping is not required. However i have a room that almost approaches a square in shape. Probably the worst shape possible from a SQ point of view. So the tube amps drive the mids and treble through the passive crossover. While the bass is fed to a Dspeaker antimode 2.0 for bass correction upto 250hz. It is then fed to class D amps to drive the bass driver. This has cleaned up a lot of bass gremlins in my room. And the resultant sound is hugely cleaner.

The rest of the setup is actually a psaudio p1200 power plant powering everything. The main source is a esoteric K-01 sacd player cum dac. I also had a AMR DP-777 tubed dac, which was lovely sounding. But sadly died on me recently. Streaming is via roon running on a Intel NUC as core, with a metrum ambre as roon end point. However i got tired of having to switch on 4 components only to stream music, so I've now switched to chrome cast audio. And content with it. The speakers are DIY build by a knowledgeable forum member for me. They come with passive external crossover, so that I can bypass the crossovers and directly couple my amps to the drivers and go 3 way active triamping. But that is some thing Iam looking forward to attempt these vacations.

Posting pictures of my cd player on popular demand. :)
Sorry to disappoint you Manohar pics are without towel.:)

Attachments

• 20210512_181425.jpg
    20210512_181425.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20210512_181429.jpg
    20210512_181429.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210512_181456.jpg
    20210512_181456.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210512_181459.jpg
    20210512_181459.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 137
guys, slightly off topic but i wanted to show you 2 cd players that are long forgotten but classics of their generation. Came across these on YouTube while looking up some gear for friends:

Technics SL P1200 (yes its the magic number 1200 again :) )

Hitachi DA 1000
Sweet

Yelamanchili manohar, WOW!​

I LOVE yr idea of using 4 coffee tables from Urban ladder @ Rs 3500 each.

I guess if you add metal cups and spikes to decouple each of the 4 coffee tables you will have an audiophile rack !
I don’t see any coffee table for 3500.00 on urban ladder, may be he meant 8500/- or must be sometime back. But, a lovely setup, I must add..

I don’t see any coffee table for 3500.00 on urban ladder, may be he meant 8500/- or must be sometime back. But, a lovely setup, I must add..

I did buy them maybe 3 or 4 years back, but I don't think I spent more than 4k for each. These might have now been discontinued, as I can't check on urban ladder with my limited connectivity. But just shows the possibilities of a flexible stacking solution :)

Yelamanchili manohar, WOW!​

I LOVE yr idea of using 4 coffee tables from Urban ladder @ Rs 3500 each.

I guess if you add metal cups and spikes to decouple each of the 4 coffee tables you will have an audiophile rack !
Thanks for the appreciation :)

Iam using some isolators under the individual electronics. The coffee tables came with soft rubber feet at the bottom. So maybe they add a degree of isolation on their own. But I did consider adding cups and spikes. But decided against it, as the tables might then slide around if accidentally touched by my daughter or her friends and topple over.

A clever jugaad that also adds the flexibility. But do you notice any effect on the sound due to the vibrations resulting from the stacking?
Well I really don't know to be honest Sachin :D

But I've got various isolators under the speakers and the boxes. And to be honest, I don't think I have the ability to hear subtle differences in sound. I can only mention the big improvements I've made, with isolation. And being half deaf, I would expect that any one with even normal hearing might benefit from them. So here goes my list, and draw your wallets out :D

Isoacoustics gaia under the speakers, was a revelation...I got so impressed that I've plonked for some townshend seismic podiums.

I have some townshend seismic pods under the esoteric CD player, which I never paid for. But were generously gifted by @ONEMANARMY .
And also got some very highend power cables, along with some exotic digital coaxial cables, along with the esoteric player, as he didn't want to sell a SACD player, but wanted to pass on a musical experience. Still indebted to him, for his generosity and gesture as we speak :)

When my tubed amp was sounding a little wooly and bloated on bass. I enquired with the manufacturer, and they recommended isolation under the dac. So I added some ohlenbach XL air spring isolators and the difference was immediately noticeable even to my deaf ears. A stonkingly tightened bass, which after loosing the boominess, also contributed to mid range and treble clarity, which I believe was getting drowned under the boomy bass before.

With only so much cash to spare, I had to economize some where. So I got some noob sound spring isloators form Amazon.. I couldn't make out if they made any difference, till I found the below weight loading chart. Now the noob springs support most of my amps, and yes, when properly weight loaded they made a difference too :)
SmartSelect_20200917-104416_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
Well I really don't know to be honest Sachin :D

But I've got various isolators under the speakers and the boxes. And to be honest, I don't think I have the ability to hear subtle differences in sound. I can only mention the big improvements I've made, with isolation. And being half deaf, I would expect that any one with even normal hearing might benefit from them. So here goes my list, and draw your wallets out :D

Isoacoustics gaia under the speakers, was a revelation...I got so impressed that I've plonked for some townshend seismic podiums.

I have some townshend seismic pods under the esoteric CD player, which I never paid for. But were generously gifted by @ONEMANARMY .
And also got some very highend power cables, along with some exotic digital coaxial cables, along with the esoteric player, as he didn't want to sell a SACD player, but wanted to pass on a musical experience. Still indebted to him, for his generosity and gesture as we speak :)

When my tubed amp was sounding a little wooly and bloated on bass. I enquired with the manufacturer, and they recommended isolation under the dac. So I added some ohlenbach XL air spring isolators and the difference was immediately noticeable even to my deaf ears. A stonkingly tightened bass, which after loosing the boominess, also contributed to mid range and treble clarity, which I believe was getting drowned under the boomy bass before.

With only so much cash to spare, I had to economize some where. So I got some noob sound spring isloators form Amazon.. I couldn't make out if they made any difference, till I found the below weight loading chart. Now the noob springs support most of my amps, and yes, when properly weight loaded they made a difference too :)
View attachment 57163

I use the Pioneer CDJ 900nexus Mk2

I would love to some day...hook it up to any one who would love to test them in their Setup ...
Have a pair so yeah post this lock down . I am based out of Mumbai Bandra .let me know

I use the Pioneer CDJ 900nexus Mk2

I would love to some day...hook it up to any one who would love to test them in their Setup ...
Have a pair so yeah

Hi,
I am glad another post from the moderator to explain things.
I feel ( and I could be wrong) they are within their rights to not have HFV used as a platform for making other "for sale" forums/fb pages.

Attachments

• IMG-20210519-WA0057_compress95.jpg
    IMG-20210519-WA0057_compress95.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG-20210519-WA0061_compress64.jpg
    IMG-20210519-WA0061_compress64.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20210519-WA0063_compress22.jpg
    IMG-20210519-WA0063_compress22.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 91
Here's my highly modified NAK MB10 CD Bank.....inside and out going strong and perfect ....around 25 to 28 year old......had to spent a fortune for the upgarde....but well worth it .......items changed:

1. 15 Capacitors got replaced
2. Transformer
3.Opamp
4.Resistors
5.EMI Absorbers
6.Sockets
7.Low jitter premium clock
8.IEC Power socket (replaced kettle wire)
plus a lot of RF Shielding.

Attachments

• NAK 01.jpg
    NAK 01.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 124
  • NAK 09.JPG
    NAK 09.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 117
  • NAK 011.JPG
    NAK 011.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 109
  • NAK 012.JPG
    NAK 012.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 107
  • NAK 013.JPG
    NAK 013.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 104
  • NAK 07.JPG
    NAK 07.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 102
  • NAK 08.JPG
    NAK 08.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 116
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back