Silverstone HTPC cabinet : has anybody heard ??

Build quality, Lot of space for upgrades, lot of cooling options including liquid, etc, etc.....one can be happy with the basic Rs 500 cabinet whereas one cannot be with the most high end 15K one.. it all boils down to individual preferences..

Not for me to pre-suppose if the decision is already made and all that. But the NZXT Gamma has excellent build quality (not just for its price), has lots of cooling options (5 fans and including liquid cooling provisions) etc.

I am not one of those who suggests being happy with a Rs. 500 cabinet. Just looking for that particular place where utility and value meet. To avoid both under-utilization as well as over-spending. That is what I tend to look in most of my purchases, as a rule.

If you are curious, do take a look at the NZXT Gamma's reviews. I am sure you would have picked your case with lots of considerations in mind. All the best.

Not for me to pre-suppose if the decision is already made and all that. But the NZXT Gamma has excellent build quality (not just for its price), has lots of cooling options (5 fans and including liquid cooling provisions) etc.

I am not one of those who suggests being happy with a Rs. 500 cabinet. Just looking for that particular place where utility and value meet. To avoid both under-utilization as well as over-spending. That is what I tend to look in most of my purchases, as a rule.

If you are curious, do take a look at the NZXT Gamma's reviews. I am sure you would have picked your case with lots of considerations in mind. All the best.

I definitely will mate, thanks for your inputs. really appreciate.

Hi guys,
I check the discussion on the HTPC case, but this silverstone case only has a 300W power supply, if you guys need a PC which can work as an HTPC and as a gaming machine as well you seriously need to consider a different case.
I would recommend Antec 300 or 900 case or Cooler master cases. Get a Corsair 450 power supply unit with it.
We usually spend thousands of bucks to get the right internal HDD but we go for cheap chassis and power supplies, which in time spoils your investment on internals as well. It is always recommended to get a good chassis and Clean power supply to get good VFM and increase life out of the hardware.

I check the discussion on the HTPC case, but this silverstone case only has a 300W power supply, if you guys need a PC which can work as an HTPC and as a gaming machine as well you seriously need to consider a different case.

You can always get a case without a power supply and add a power supply separately.

Cheers

... silentpcreview.com is a must-visit site for anybody interested in this topic. I might have given them too many plugs already. It might look like link-whoring*, but it is sincere recommendation from just a happy browser :)

*utterly-off-topic... I love that term (although not the thing itself). Like, what shall we do tonight, guys? Let's go link-whoring! :cool: :lol:

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back