Silverstone HTPC cabinet : has anybody heard ??

Spidey

Hey folks

has anybody heard of Silverstone HTPC cabinets.

They come with multimedia software and remote.

How is the remote functionality ??

thanks

I want to specificall know about the operation of remote.

Can I sit on a sofa 6 feet from the HTPC and browse my PC completely ??
in silverstone.

do all models of silverstone come with a remote ??

means is it a basic remote or well functional?

I want to specificall know about the operation of remote.

Can I sit on a sofa 6 feet from the HTPC and browse my PC completely ??
in silverstone.

do all models of silverstone come with a remote ??

means is it a basic remote or well functional?

Hi spider

In practice you have to stand on the sofa to operate the remote. Many users have complained the remote does not function well when sitting. It is a basic remote that becomes functional when you put batteries in it. The rest depends on your eyesight ...

HTH. :)

PS: Careful your head does not hit the ceiling fan when standing on the sofa, else your name will be engraved in Silver and Stone by the rest of family!

Sent from my iPod touch

Gobble .. the little devil and his wicked sense of humor !!
I always want to attach a small bomb or cracker to the tail of a small devil and see what it does to him !!
I presume he will run as fast with his sneakers and catching his pants(if there are any, i cant see one) !!! :clapping:

hey, i have this serious query :
if i connect my HTPC to my projector, (no need of squinting to see)

can we get a REMOTE TO CONTROL THE PC COMPLETELY ??

I presume Logitech Harmony 1000 with touch-screen can do this?

Last edited:
Gobble .. the little devil and his wicked sense of humor !!
I always want to attach a small bomb or cracker to the tail of a small devil and see what it does to him !!
I presume he will run as fast with his sneakers and catching his pants(if there are any, i cant see one) !!! :clapping:

hey, i have this serious query :
if i connect my HTPC to my projector, (no need of squinting to see)

can we get a REMOTE TO CONTROL THE PC COMPLETELY ??

I presume Logitech Harmony 1000 with touch-screen can do this?

You can control your PC completely! It will do whatever you say!!! However it still won't make your bed, or a morning cup chai for you... Or a coffee. Better you find a maid! :D

More seriously your htpc will need a remote receiver and the commands for that will be separate. :)

So separate key codes for projector and htpc .
Sent from my iPod touch

has anybody heard of Silverstone HTPC cabinets.

They come with multimedia software and remote

Not all models come with remote. I think the top of the line does.

In any case, you can always buy a PC remote separately. Spiro has this remote which I suppose does well with media players. You can refer to that thread for more ideas in case you are going for Case and remote separately.

Spidey - the bundled remote and software are not going to take care of everything for you. Especially going by the reviews.

However I have recently got the Streamzap remote along with its Infrared receiver. This along with the open source Eventghost program takes care of everything for me.

Cannot recommend Eventghost more. Excellent program. 10/10 for utility.

Personally I dont see the value in paying more for a PC case which can be placed horizontally. I would much rather go for a silent PC case with active cooling in it. I dont care if it stands upright. I dont see the point in hiding the fact that I am using a PC for a source!! :)

And just in case you are wondering what case I had in mind, go for the NZXT. Specific models depend on your tastes and utility. The Gamma is amazing value for money.

Spidey - the bundled remote and software are not going to take care of everything for you. Especially going by the reviews.

However I have recently got the Streamzap remote along with its Infrared receiver. This along with the open source Eventghost program takes care of everything for me.

Cannot recommend Eventghost more. Excellent program. 10/10 for utility.

Personally I dont see the value in paying more for a PC case which can be placed horizontally. I would much rather go for a silent PC case with active cooling in it. I dont care if it stands upright. I dont see the point in hiding the fact that I am using a PC for a source!! :)

And just in case you are wondering what case I had in mind, go for the NZXT. Specific models depend on your tastes and utility. The Gamma is amazing value for money.

Mate, i completely agree with you that no use paying extra for a case which will not bring significant value to you.

I have been researching a lot on this as i am in the process of upgrading my rig to HTPC. The best case should be one which is sturdy and will support all your future upgrade endevours.

One such case is the "Cooler Master HAF 932" . This case though expensive has got good reviews and will comfortably satisfy our HTPC requirements.Currently available for approx 9500 (does not include SMPS cost).

Mate, i completely agree with you that no use paying extra for a case which will not bring significant value to you.

I have been researching a lot on this as i am in the process of upgrading my rig to HTPC. The best case should be one which is sturdy and will support all your future upgrade endevours.

One such case is the "Cooler Master HAF 932" . This case though expensive has got good reviews and will comfortably satisfy our HTPC requirements.Currently available for approx 9500 (does not include SMPS cost).

Not to sidetrack. But am curious - how much does it add over the NZXT Gamma for example?

Mate, the NZXT gamma classic is for 2.2k approx.

Cant compare both as features, options availiable differ but brand premium also comes into play.

I know. It is very cheap. But I find that the fundamentals of a very good case are all there in this. That is the reason I ask.

I have no use for LED lights or any of that fancy stuff. And I really find myself preferring the Gamma over many of the 5000-6000 rupee cases that I see.

Just curious as to what it adds over and above the Gamma.

I know. It is very cheap. But I find that the fundamentals of a very good case are all there in this. That is the reason I ask.

I have no use for LED lights or any of that fancy stuff. And I really find myself preferring the Gamma over many of the 5000-6000 rupee cases that I see.

Build quality, Lot of space for upgrades, lot of cooling options including liquid, etc, etc.....one can be happy with the basic Rs 500 cabinet whereas one cannot be with the most high end 15K one.. it all boils down to individual preferences..

forgot to mention, i am researching for a rig and wouldnt mind spending little extra if i am gonna get stuff which will outlast two m/b & processor change cyles..

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back