Sleek DVD Player

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Sleek DVD Player for my Bedroom. I want to fix it just below my LCD. Does any Flat ( Hung on the wall) types DVD Players available in India.

Sumit

Hung type DVD player will be much costlier than expected. You can try a small wall bracket too if its feasible.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thanks for your replies.

Samsung pebble doesnt support 5.1.

Phillips is no DVD players its a sound bar.

Friends I am looking for a sleek modern flat design DVD player which I hung on the wall upside down, like a painting on the wall, just below my LCD. I saw some designs on internationals sites. but i m unaware whether they r available in India.

please guide me if any possibility of getting them in India.

Thanks you all
Sumit

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies.

Friends I am looking for a sleek modern flat design DVD player which I hung on the wall upside down, like a painting on the wall, just below my LCD. I saw some designs on internationals sites. but i m unaware whether they r available in India.

Thanks you all
Sumit

Sumit:

What you are looking for is a DVD Player that plays in the vertical position as against the usual horizontal position.

Such designs are rare in the consumer market. They may be exist in the professional market because of physical space constraints.

In the consumer market one company that made vertical players was Bang&Olufsen. Their vertical CD players are very popular and have won various design awards. Unfortunately they do not seem to make an DVD Player of that design. In addition they are very very expensive.

One option is to purchase a DVD Player that has a top open design, instead of the DVD tray that comes out in all DVD players. Such a player can be placed in any position you like. Once the DVD is placed, and the top open door closed, it can play in any position. Unfortunately such DVD Players are there but most of them seem to be of Chinese make.

Actually you can even keep a regular DVD player is any position and play a DVD as long as you take care in loading the DVD properly. Remember PCs with vertical CD drives? They are just regular CD drives, kept vertically. Unfortunately the DVD players do not have the clasping mechanism that can hold a DVD in place within the tray. I would not recommend such a way of using a DVD player. If the DVD moves while is tray is closing, it can seriously damage the DVD and the player mechanism.

If there is a retailer of professional equipment (such as those who equip studios and discos) I suppose you can place a special order with them if they have such equipment.

I will check with my contacts, and if I come across any piece that is available, I will let you know. I am sorry we are not able to help you immediately.

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies.

Samsung pebble doesnt support 5.1.

Phillips is no DVD players its a sound bar.

Thanks you all
Sumit
Sumit, take another look at the Philips link.& play the video that pops up-its a sound bar + a S/Woofer + a vertical DVD player concealed behind a sliding door in the middle of the sound bar.
a neat solution for occupying minimal space; but the reviewer says its not too good for playing music....

Dear all,

Thank you for all your replies and efforts made.

Sorry for my last mail in which i stated that Philips sound bar doesnt have a DVD players. just now i took the close look after checking your replies and saw that the system is very stylish and has a player inside. I m impressed with the unit.

Does any one know how much it costs in india.

Thanks again for our time and support.
Sumit

Dear all,

Thank you for all your replies and efforts made.

Sorry for my last mail in which i stated that Philips sound bar doesnt have a DVD players. just now i took the close look after checking your replies and saw that the system is very stylish and has a player inside. I m impressed with the unit.

Does any one know how much it costs in india.

Thanks again for our time and support.
Sumit

Last I cheked at Sumaria's, Mumbai, may be 6 to 8 months ago, it was 57K.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back