Slim HTPC Cabinet within 4K or less for micro ATX boards

I think you can get this item from the theitdepot.com site. But it is pretty expensive around 15k. You can check it out in there site.

Thanks

I think you can get this item from the theitdepot.com site. But it is pretty expensive around 15k. You can check it out in there site.

Thanks

out of the question the, i need to find out a slim case that supports non slim bd rom

^^ Opposite to what you have asked, but there is a Silverstone slim BDdrive available for <5k at It depot itself..

^^ Opposite to what you have asked, but there is a Silverstone slim BDdrive available for <5k at It depot itself..

I forgot to mention that I am looking for a BD writer. Thanks again for pointing out. I do see that there are a couple of them from Sony, etc at 6x speed but I think they are priced above 5K.

Last edited:
The Coolermaster Elite 360 is about 2K. It is not really thin, but it is thinner than most M-ATX cabinets, and it can be used horizontally also. I'm building an i3 (2100) based PC with one right now.

It is a very airy cabinet, and it is reasonably thin and small. I plan to use it in my office as a 24/7 download rig (that will also double as my backup work PC). It will be hidden away under a table, so I wanted it to be as small as possible (to fit a Micro-ATX board), but airy enough to work 24/7 without heating up.

Here's a review of the case (with pics) on TE (not my build): Cooler Master Elite 360 Mini Computer Case Review

Thank you for the temptation links reminding me ... I just shortlisted this one for my HAPC :eek:hyeah:

Is the price without SMPS or with SMPS?

--G0bble

:)

I bought mine from here: Theitdepot - Cooler Master Elite 360 Black Mid Tower ATX Cabinet (RC-360-KKN1-GP)

The cabinet does not come with an SMPS, so the price (Rs.2010.00 not incl. shipping) does not include it. The cabinet will be quite suitable for a HAPC.

The cabinet comes with a 120mm fan, with the option of adding an 80mm fan on the opposite side, and an additional 120mm fan on the top (if you lay down it horizontally, which would be the best way of using it for a HAPC).

Even with an m-ATX board in, the cabinet has pretty good airflow. It is not too cramped with an m-ATX board in. The cabinet will actually take a full ATX board if needed, but that would make things very cramped. Except for fitting the SMPS and MB, the cabinet can do a tool-less install.

The negative things I felt about the cabinet are that:
- The stock provision for installing HDDs is very cramped.
- There are only two "official" slots for HDDs, of which one is rendered useless by the design itself (that slot is required for passing cables). [I think the slot for the floppy drive can be used for a 3.5" HDD, though. Also, there are two ODD slots, of which one can be used for a 3.5" HDD with an adapter.]
- There is no provision for cooling the HDDs.

hydra, Elite 360 looks good, but unfortunately my home ht cabinet spacwe is only 5.4 inches and this one is little beyond that.

^^ I was actually responding to gobble there :)

I know how tough it is to have a fixed space to fit equipment into. Getting a micro-atx cabinet at under 5" height is pretty difficult.

The iBall Baby 306 is just a shade under your requirement (5.3") but I doubt if it would fit, with just a couple of mm to spare. It isn't clear whether this height is with the bush/feet installed or not. Else removing (or not installing) the bush/feet might give you about an additional 5mm of clearance. But then again, with that tight a fit, keeping the PC cool and ventilated enough would be the next headache.

This Silverstone Cabinet would also fit your bill, but again, it is 9.4K. If you check with PrimeABGB (the Indian importers) you might get it for a bit less.

I'm not totally sure, but with the cabinet height you are looking for, you will probably need to limit all add-on cards to the half-height (a.k.a. low-profile) spec. (I think you are looking to buy a graphics card, aren't you?)

I know how tough it is to have a fixed space to fit equipment into. Getting a micro-atx cabinet at under 5" height is pretty difficult.

The iBall Baby 306 is just a shade under your requirement (5.3") but I doubt if it would fit, with just a couple of mm to spare. It isn't clear whether this height is with the bush/feet installed or not. Else removing (or not installing) the bush/feet might give you about an additional 5mm of clearance. But then again, with that tight a fit, keeping the PC cool and ventilated enough would be the next headache.

I did have a iball baby 306 cabinet lying around for last 2 years for my HTPC. It got misplaced during my house shifting this year, I donated one cabinet to the packing boys and I think they took both.

That cabinet will not fit a regular ATX PSU by the way. The dimensions are slightly too thin. Only an SFX might go if not the original that came with the box.

HTH
--G0bble

This Silverstone Cabinet would also fit your bill, but again, it is 9.4K. If you check with PrimeABGB (the Indian importers) you might get it for a bit less.

I'm not totally sure, but with the cabinet height you are looking for, you will probably need to limit all add-on cards to the half-height (a.k.a. low-profile) spec. (I think you are looking to buy a graphics card, aren't you?)

YEs hydra I am looking for the GT440 GPU so am trying to match GPU and BD Writer size with cabinet and also my space constraint.

I also found the following zebronics cabinets within my space constraint limits and BD writer 5.25 inch bay but now I hjave to find out the availability and price and any other cons

Zebronics - Cabinets - Slim Series - Genesis

Zebronics - Cabinets - Slim Series - Flair

Zebronics - Cabinets - Slim Series - Genie

That 'Zebronics cabinet Flair' looks good.Anybody know what the price would be? It doesn't come with power supply.Give some suggestions for that.(For AMD Fusion Mb)

It is true that the Flair with its top cover looks better, but all of these 3 can house only one 3.5 inch HDD, I will look if there is one with 5.25 inch tray as well as at least two 3.5 inch (or one 3.5 and one 2.5 inch) HDD bays

It is true that the Flair with its top cover looks better, but all of these 3 can house only one 3.5 inch HDD, I will look if there is one with 5.25 inch tray as well as at least two 3.5 inch (or one 3.5 and one 2.5 inch) HDD bays
Zebronics in the past had a category called "Pro Series" for cabinets. If you can find any old stock, look for Pro Series Dragster and Pro Series Spark. Both priced at around Rs.2300/-

Zebronics cabinets are cheap to the core, a genuine suggestion, I have used Zebronics, at first they look good at the price point, but there are trade off in the quality, with time, they went so bad that the entire PC looked horrible. I then went for CM series settling down with 690, and have never looked back.

Also with Micro ATX, cabinets you would not be able to fit every thing the standard size, HDD, Optical Drv. You have to compromise on something.

Zebronics cabinets are cheap to the core, a genuine suggestion, I have used Zebronics, at first they look good at the price point, but there are trade off in the quality, with time, they went so bad that the entire PC looked horrible. I then went for CM series settling down with 690, and have never looked back.

Also with Micro ATX, cabinets you would not be able to fit every thing the standard size, HDD, Optical Drv. You have to compromise on something.

I am still open for slimmer cabinets and am ready to increase my budget to 7K max but cabinet needs to be under 4inch.

This is 9410.00, but it says SMPS free (Probably means the cabinet comes with an SMPS). It is exactly 10cm tall. The listing does not indicate if it is available now, though. There's a review of this cabinet here with better pics. The review version is one with an LCD screen (The one I linked to above does not have an LCD screen).

The Silverstone Cabinet from itdepot (Rs.9420.00) I'd linked to earlier also has a built-in PSU, and a fanless PSU to boot.

I couldn't make out if you plan to buy a separate PSU now. If you do, then I think the Silverstone cabinet above is a very good deal, as you will need to spend about 2.2K over and above the 7K for the cabinet for the PSU anyway. :)

This is 9410.00, but it says SMPS free (Probably means the cabinet comes with an SMPS). It is exactly 10cm tall. The listing does not indicate if it is available now, though. There's a review of this cabinet here with better pics. The review version is one with an LCD screen (The one I linked to above does not have an LCD screen).

The Silverstone Cabinet from itdepot (Rs.9420.00) I'd linked to earlier also has a built-in PSU, and a fanless PSU to boot.

I couldn't make out if you plan to buy a separate PSU now. If you do, then I think the Silverstone cabinet above is a very good deal, as you will need to spend about 2.2K over and above the 7K for the cabinet for the PSU anyway. :)

LC19 is good but unab;e to understand its power option

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back