Slim HTPC Cabinet within 4K or less for micro ATX boards

LC19 is good but unab;e to understand its power option

Good thing you asked. It looks like the Silverstone LC19 comes with a 120w fanless PSU (DC/DC with a power brick, I think) built-in. It even has a PCI slot in the back (Going by reviews, they even include three types of PCI adapters in the package!). It would be just great for an AMD Fusion install (100% fanless and green setup with an Asus E350M1-M :licklips: ), but I guess 120w might be not enough for your needs. :(

The Silverstone Sugo Cabinet that sam9s has linked to would be a great case to use. Nice and airy, and with space for a big graphics card if you want to get into gaming later. The height is the problem :(

I think I can try this one, nMEdia 1080 case, it says 3.9 inch almost touching the limits but luckily no ventillation opening s on the top, so does not matter if the top is covered, some saying that build quality is not that great but if that keeps lying in one place for ever how will that matter. Suggestions please.

Brand new nMedia HTPC 1080P Blk M-ATX Desktop HTPC Case (Rs. 6076)

That case looks all right, but comments in newegg are not very appreciative of the build quality. But considering the price on newegg ($49.99) that is sort of ok. I think the eBay guy is charging an arm and a leg for it at Rs.6076.00. But I guess he's taking the risk of importing it, and the risk of damage (during shipping from US to India), so perhaps you can consider it.

The problem with issues with build quality is that screw-holes may not line up very well, and that the case might vibrate and make sound. The second aspect, if it causes problem, can be fixed somewhat, with DIY stuff.

Other than the PCI half-height limitation, if your CPU fan/heatsink is the stock one (there's a 3.5" height limitation for the heatsink), the case should fit everything you need. :)

That case looks all right, but comments in newegg are not very appreciative of the build quality. But considering the price on newegg ($49.99) that is sort of ok. I think the eBay guy is charging an arm and a leg for it at Rs.6076.00. But I guess he's taking the risk of importing it, and the risk of damage (during shipping from US to India), so perhaps you can consider it.

The problem with issues with build quality is that screw-holes may not line up very well, and that the case might vibrate and make sound. The second aspect, if it causes problem, can be fixed somewhat, with DIY stuff.

Other than the PCI half-height limitation, if your CPU fan/heatsink is the stock one (there's a 3.5" height limitation for the heatsink), the case should fit everything you need. :)

i took a quote from iccworld by giving them a newegg linl, they have quoted me 5607. Marginally less than ebay geb. I am on lookout if any other shipper can give me the same below 5000 all inclusive.

For people looking for small cabinets, here is a company that sells such stuff.

itx mini case-mini case manufacturer-Shenzhen Realan Computer Products Co.,Ltd

cha_indian, this link was useful. I found the below product to be a good option for htpc micro atx cabinet at 9cm high. E-2028 - Mini case-Mini ITX Case-Realan however i was not sure if the disc drive supported is of full size. I have emailed using their enquiry form for more detailed specs and inside images. Good thing is that psu of 300w comes bundled. I want to know the price as well.

Yes, it looks good. But if you were to install normal PCI card would it fit in ?? PCI slots looks small to me

i have no plans for installng any normal pci device as of now. But i guess i will have to live with that. Got a reply from minicase, price will be 30 usd and shipping to sganghai aramex will be another 5 usd.

today i found this case, availavle in india at around 1700 and is just 4 inches high. Buy Enterage EC101 Slim Cabinet Mumbai India
You can get the same cabinet from a more reputed brand. See VIP Model No.322. Compact Series of Computer Cabinets :: VIP Computer Cabinets & Input devices :: KPPL

compact-322.jpg

As far as i remember this vip case has provision for fan at both sides, so top vents need not be considered. you can do a push-pull arrangement using the side ones without any issues. You can also remove the picture in front and put your own ones.

As far as i remember this vip case has provision for fan at both sides, so top vents need not be considered. you can do a push-pull arrangement using the side ones without any issues. You can also remove the picture in front and put your own ones.

Thanks do you own it, in that case can you please post some inside pics of the case?

cha_indian, this link was useful. I found the below product to be a good option for htpc micro atx cabinet at 9cm high. E-2028 - Mini case-Mini ITX Case-Realan however i was not sure if the disc drive supported is of full size. I have emailed using their enquiry form for more detailed specs and inside images. Good thing is that psu of 300w comes bundled. I want to know the price as well.

This coimpany responed me and we have been exchanging emails over the last couple of weeks. As per them the average price of a case is around 30 USD including a 300Watts flex power supply but if we let away the power supply then we can deduct a flat 6.5 USD and normal shipping charges is around 5 USD to shanghai aramex address. The good thing abount them is that majority of their cases are slimline cases for mini ITX and micro ATX boards. Their company details are

Shenzhen Realan Computer products Co., Ltd.
Bldg.53, Block B of Tanglang Industrial Park, Taoyuan Street, Nanshan District,Shenzhen, China 518055
Tel:0086-755-26996151(811) Fax:0086-755-26996027 Http://www.szrealan.com/en
Contact Person: Ms.Rita Liu MSN: [email protected] Skype: ritaliu1990 Email: [email protected]

Considering a shipping weight of 4 KG, the only problem is that Aramex will charge an hefty amount for shipping. Alas only if iccworld / shopabroadonline supported shanghai.

There is another contact that I have got from indiamart lets see if they respond back, else I think Zebronics Genesis is the next best fit at around 1800 INR with 450 Watts PSU.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back