Small room, need suggestions on VOG channel amplifier for Denon x4700

imagineer

Hello everyone!
Please suggest me a power amplifier which will be useful for VOG channel for an auro 3D setup, in small living room

Setup(yet to be in use, but paid for)
Denon x4700h.
10 speakers of same brand & series. (5.0*2) . 4 towers at ear level, bookshelves at height.
No subs, yet.(can't afford, yet)

For VOG channel, I'll have the centre channel (second) / old speakers in house.
I'm thinking of micca origain amplifier .
Will that be useful?

Note:
Budget has overshot 3 times the plan.
Video not included (along with subs)
I will run it in headless / non video mode for sometime and then will go for projector addition.

Thanks again!

Imagineer.

Hello everyone!
Please suggest me a power amplifier which will be useful for VOG channel for an auro 3D setup, in small living room

Denon x4700h.
10 speakers of same brand & series. (5.0*2) . 4 towers at ear level, bookshelves at height.

Will that be useful?

Note:
I will run it in headless / non video mode for sometime and then will go for projector addition.

Thanks again!

Imagineer.
Can you post the spec of that speaker planned for VOG.

Following this thread as i also have same avr and looking for an amp!!!
Do reply, if you get any information
Can you post the spec of that speaker planned for VOG.
Spare Center channel or older speakers (4 Ohm in series to make it 8 Ohm and spaced by 1.5 meters)

Center specs:

Frequency response (±4dB): 65 Hz - 20 kHz

Sensitivity (1W/1m): 86 dB

Impedance: 6 Ohms

Tweeter: 1"

Mid/bass: 2 x 4"

Dimensions (W x H x D): 515 x 150 x 145 mm

Last edited:
No intention to step on your toes; however, considering the number of titles available in Auro 3D as I write, it makes more sense to invest in an ATMOS (5.1.2 considering small room) system and allocate the rest of the budget in a good Subwoofer/Center Channel. A good ATMOS setup is also pretty impactful; additionally, you have a lot of titles available.

edit:- typo

Last edited:
Thanks... Don't want to start auro 3d vs Atmos flame war. But, any room which can do 5.1 should be capable to do 5.1.4 , right (height fronts and rears) ? Also auro matic can handle Atmos content or one can always disable speaker / change layout virtually.
Agree on subwoofer part though.

Do reply, if you get any information

Spare Center channel or older speakers (4 Ohm in series to make it 8 Ohm and spaced by 1.5 meters)

Center specs:

Frequency response (±4dB): 65 Hz - 20 kHz

Sensitivity (1W/1m): 86 dB

Impedance: 6 Ohms

Tweeter: 1"

Mid/bass: 2 x 4"

Dimensions (W x H x D): 515 x 150 x 145 mm
For budget option ,u can consider used amps .The other options shall be class D amps of SMSL or similar.

Thanks... Don't want to start auro 3d vs Atmos flame war. But, any room which can do 5.1 should be capable to do 5.1.4 , right (height fronts and rears) ? Also auro matic can handle Atmos content or one can always disable speaker / change layout virtually.
Agree on subwoofer part though.
Yes if u assign as Front & Rear heights ,u can able to do all 3d formats.
Also Auromatic is an brilliant upmixer to do your upmixing duty.

Hello everyone!

Denon x4700h.

Will that be useful?

Note:

Thanks again!

Imagineer.
Hi, am relatively new to this.
Just to understand the situation (and similarities and differences between Auro and Atmos):
1. You'll need power for a total of 10 speakers?
2. How hungry is the auro set up? Like, I have seen it being said for Atmos that feed the LCR and skimp on surrounds and heights. Will auro take up more power equally?
3. Could you share a rough diagram of your set up?
Regards and best

Just to understand the situation (and similarities and differences between Auro and Atmos):
Yes. As I'm planning for Auro 10.1 setup (don't see the point in 11.1, yet)
2. How hungry is the auro set up? Like, I have seen it being said for Atmos that feed the LCR and skimp on surrounds and heights. Will auro take up more power equally?
I'm new to this too. Other expert FMs can comment on this, as I've no experience of Atmos vs Auro on same AVR.
Will definitely measure and experiment around A vs B, once I get the setup ready.
Regards and best
Attaching 10.1 Auro 3D diagram and other images, ripped from their site / manual.image_preview(1).pngimage_preview.pngimage(1).jpg

Yes. As I'm planning for Auro 10.1 setup (don't see the point in 11.1, yet)

I'm new to this too. Other expert FMs can comment on this, as I've no experience of Atmos vs Auro on same AVR.
Will definitely measure and experiment around A vs B, once I get the setup ready.

Attaching 10.1 Auro 3D diagram and other images, ripped from their site / manual.View attachment 64230View attachment 64231View attachment 64232
Thnak you very much!

That layout is crazy badass!

Maybe an avr+7-channel amp that'll let you play around with and mix and match?
All the best.

Thnak you very much!

That layout is crazy badass!

Maybe an avr+7-channel amp that'll let you play around with and mix and match?
All the best.
AVR supports 9.2 channels (+2 pre-outs). , hence I am thinking of not spending a lot on VOG / Top channel , initially. My approval rating has spiralled because of these expenses already ;). Will think about 5 channel+ amp if, I think speakers are not singing enough or AVR getting too hot and other symptoms.

Regards and best
If u choose Auro layout ( Front height & Rear heights ) all 3d formats - Atmos ,Auro,DtsX,DtsX pro ,IMAX enhanced can be played.

In case if Atmos speakers layout is used -Auro 3d will not be played.

There is no Info on power hungriness.
But based on my experience ,In Auro 3d & Auromatic upmixer - heights channels are more engaged than Atmos.

Auro3d - the base channel is through dtshdma ( I.e when u play an Auro track ,and if your AVR doesn't support Auro3d then it is played via Dtshdma - back compatible).Auro have advantage that it can mixed and recorded upto 96kHz for individual track

Atmos - the base channel is through dolbyTruHD (lossless)or Dolbydigital ( lossy).
Atmos supports upto 48khz /channel ,I remember.

The major drawback of Auro3d is very less content .But you can always use Auro3d Auromatic upmixer on any format ( except DtsX) to do the upmixing brilliantly.

Looks, decent power amps are way out of my league for now and half decent amps are not used by any FMs in such setups. Might have to drop auro 3d with VOG and go with 9.1 setup compatible with all formats. .

Looks, decent power amps are way out of my league for now and half decent amps are not used by any FMs in such setups. Might have to drop auro 3d with VOG and go with 9.1 setup compatible with all formats. .
Oh, no. Have you looked into the previous gen Emotivas? The ones just before the BasX was introduced?
Or would they not entirely fit the bill for this set up?

I'm not sure I understand, please forgive me if this has been posted but -

1)How many channels do you need?
2)How much power per channel?
3)Budget?

I'm not sure I understand, please forgive me if this has been posted but -

1)How many channels do you need?
10 (5 bed + 4 heights can be handled by AVR), for voice of God / top middle channel, need to use pre out and hence external amp.
2)How much power per channel?
4 towers bed, which are rated for 20-120 watts.
3)Budget?
Read this in Omniman voice ;) "That's the neat part" , don't want spend a lot for single channel yet. Maybe something less than 10k.
If I've to spend a lot, might do that in later round with more channels (5 atleast) to ease AVR from the towers.

Oh, no. Have you looked into the previous gen Emotivas? The ones just before the BasX was introduced?
Or would they not entirely fit the bill for this set up?
Won't fit the current bill, might get in next round.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back