Small room, need suggestions on VOG channel amplifier for Denon x4700

10 (5 bed + 4 heights can be handled by AVR), for voice of God / top middle channel, need to use pre out and hence external amp.

4 towers bed, which are rated for 20-120 watts.

Read this in Omniman voice ;) "That's the neat part" , don't want spend a lot for single channel yet. Maybe something less than 10k.
If I've to spend a lot, might do that in later round with more channels (5 atleast) to ease AVR from the towers.

So if I understand you correctly you need one channel of ~100W?

This might be tricky as mono amps are expensive and so are multichannel amps. You could try one of the cheaper pro amps like Crown XLS but even those are more than 10,000.

You might consider looking at OLX.

So if I understand you correctly you need one channel of ~100W?

This might be tricky as mono amps are expensive and so are multichannel amps. You could try one of the cheaper pro amps like Crown XLS but even those are more than 10,000.

You might consider looking at OLX.
I'm not sure that particular channel will ever need that kind of power, was thinking something like micca origain (5-7kish)
Crown / O&B etc are out of range for now.
Will go for atleast 5 channel plus later on. This micca stuff was kind of break fix.
The point wasn't really about adding 15 k more over micca and get better one.
This is self imposed budget limit, as I started with 1600 or v4A budget / onkyo HTIB 7.2 to this. I'm already touching/spent almost 3lakhs without video upgrade. IMO, it would make sense for now to stay with available channels, see how it works out. Add more, once I'm hungry for more or dissatisfied with this.

10 (5 bed + 4 heights can be handled by AVR), for voice of God / top middle channel, need to use pre out and hence external amp.

4 towers bed, which are rated for 20-120 watts.
IMO it’s better to invest on a decent 3 channel PA for the LCR which has the major impact for movies and also the most demanding. I have the Denon 4500 and going the DIY route for keeping it economical. The surrounds and heights can be easily handled by 4700.

IMO it’s better to invest on a decent 3 channel PA for the LCR which has the major impact for movies and also the most demanding. I have the Denon 4500 and going the DIY route for keeping it economical. The surrounds and heights can be easily handled by 4700.
I'll definitely keep this in mind. Is your PA DIY or you got something off the shelf? As you already know, 4500 and 4700 are pretty close. Would like to follow your path here!

I'll definitely keep this in mind. Is your PA DIY or you got something off the shelf? As you already know, 4500 and 4700 are pretty close. Would like to follow your path here!
Not me but there are few forum members who builds PA for a nominal cost. Do plan for a 3 channel PA for LCR which will give you much better results then adding PA for surrounds or heights. Adding a PA to all channels will be even better but for avr and PA combo LCR will be good enough for most.

Not me but there are few forum members who builds PA for a nominal cost. Do plan for a 3 channel PA for LCR which will give you much better results then adding PA for surrounds or heights. Adding a PA to all channels will be even better but for avr and PA combo LCR will be good enough for most.
Thank you. I had gone through the following thread, before I joined. I think, I'll follow your advice and do the things the right way (atleast electronically) . There maybe more such gems hidden, but this is what I recalled.

Thread 'Discrete Dynamics Class A/B Power & Pre-Amp - A New Star is Born' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...s-a-b-power-pre-amp-a-new-star-is-born.73409/

Thank you. I had gone through the following thread, before I joined. I think, I'll follow your advice and do the things the right way (atleast electronically) . There maybe more such gems hidden, but this is what I recalled.

Thread 'Discrete Dynamics Class A/B Power & Pre-Amp - A New Star is Born' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...s-a-b-power-pre-amp-a-new-star-is-born.73409/
Yeah PA for LCR is the most common approach for HT.In the same thread you will have 3 DIY forum members who are well known for their good work. I have ordered a 3ch PA from Aniket in that thread. Hopefully by next month I’ll get it.

@imagineer
Getting an amp for only one channel is overkill. Shore up your budget and get a multichannel amp.
If HT is the primary usage, consider class-D. They will be sleek, have oodles of power and minimum cooling requirements.

Cheers,
Raghu

@imagineer
Getting an amp for only one channel is overkill. Shore up your budget and get a multichannel amp.
If HT is the primary usage, consider class-D. They will be sleek, have oodles of power and minimum cooling requirements.

Cheers,
Raghu
Makes sense! Will do this instead of some break-fix solution for now.

Moderators, please consider this thread as solved. Got an amp (100 WPC by TracAudio) for Front L&R. Another on the way (Volt+D by Allo) .
@Love4sound @k-pad @RajithKumar
You might find this interesting:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back