Small Subwoofer for limited space.

Raghav

My brother needs a sub which needs to fit in a 9 inch space. The other dimensions can be 20", but the front width should be within 9.

2 subs that I have found are

1. B&W AS1
2. Q Acoustics 2070s

Can you help me with pricing and availability of the above 2 and also recommend other options. Did not want to go with Yamaha, Onkyo etc...

Raghav

You shoudl look for a powered subwoofer with a 6 inch driver. Whats yoru budget - You also have the option of certain micro subwoofers

Yes. I am looking for a powered sub of 6 - 6.5 inch driver. I do not think one with a 8 inch driver could fit in the space.

The B&W AS1 is 85W and has a 6.5 inch driver.
View the AS1 at Bowers & Wilkins - The World's leading Home Theatre Brand

The Q Acoustics 2070s has two 6.5 inch drivers.
Q ACOUSTICS 2070 SUBWOOFER at hifix.co.uk

Budget is approx. 15-25k. Lower the better:eek:hyeah:

What micro sub you suggest?

Raghav

You shoudl look for a powered subwoofer with a 6 inch driver. Whats yoru budget - You also have the option of certain micro subwoofers

Contact Rajeev of Lithos Acoustic. He may be able to give you a small sub for that price.

Cheers

Velodyne Micro Vee is a great performer for its size and comparatives. One thing I want to caveat with is that you wont get room shaking performance at this. For subwoofers, size does matter!

Did check this but none of the dimensions is less than 9 inches.

Raghav

Velodyne Micro Vee is a great performer for its size and comparatives. One thing I want to caveat with is that you wont get room shaking performance at this. For subwoofers, size does matter!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back