Smart UPS and amps/ avrs

anm

Hi,
Has anyone used smart UPS with their music system? Lot of people recommend against use of UPS with AVRs and amps. But this is recommended by a good friend.
Need the deep technical inputs from all of you guys here
Suggested model is sua 2000i from apc.

Last edited:
Hi,
Has anyone used smart AVRs with their music system? Lot of people recommend against use of UPS with AVRs and amps. But this is recommended by a good friend.
Need the deep technical inputs from all of you guys here

Is it AVR or UPS?

I am using APC UPS for my amp.....ya i have also read so many technical details but what I will be doing when a small spike will burn all...........just to protect them...small compromise.

dude try your brain too...:)

:D:D I know what the OP intended. But the use of AVR for Automatic Voltage Regulator and AV Receiver can be confusing.

Coming to the question, use only a good quality sine wave UPS. If possible look for an online UPS. These are very costly, though.

I use an apc online true sine ups, with very good results. I think it is surt 2000 xli, and I paid about 35k.

I used to use a small APC BACK-UPS on my hifi. It seems my amp is more sensitive than a PC, as a UPS power cycle would always restart it!

that model is a line intercative ups, if you really want hardware protection and not just data ( as in computer) then better to go for an online UPS which will isolate your equipment from dirty mains ALL the time unlike a lineinteractive/offline ups like this one.
If branded one is too costly/ beyond budget may get local brand with good reputation and service. I just replaced my smartups with an online ups for powering my stuff

i got from supra hitech in cochin, online sinewave 1 kva with (13k) 1year warranty and 3 40ah tubular battery (3 year warranty) ,total cost 26.6k

it is 36v system, so you will need 3 batteries.i needed extended backup
you can check if they got unit with internal battery

Dont know about hykon , i wanted it quickly called the first number popped up, ordered over phone and got it installed within hours

How much will this one cost? Do I need to sell a kidney?:D

In Delhi its retailed at 24K.
In Anant's case he already has a generator power backup so this UPS will just give him the protection against power fluctuations and unforseen power switchover and it also filters unclean power and gives pure sine wave output in backup mode.

I know it's been a while since the last post, but I'm posting this for record. I'm using two 1KVA ups by APC (model Back-UPS RS 1000). One is for the av equipment consisting of my AV receiver , DVD player, set top box and projector. The other is for my HTPC which runs 24/7.

The reason for using the ups is to manage sudden power cuts and severe low voltages, especially at night, in Chennai. At times the input voltage is as low as 170v which my stabiliser could not handle.

The ups is a great way to give clean power with steady voltage while protecting the equipments from sudden shutdowns due to power cuts. The UPS costs around 8k in Chennai.

Last edited:
if it is a back ups model it is not an online ups,online ups from apc are "smartups online" series, model number will start something like SURT

RS series is line interactive non sinewave model iirc

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back