So i finally start treating my room tomorrow :D

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

Yelamanchili manohar

That's a nice work so far . Looks very professional. All the best.
Haha...thanks a lot. To be honest, I had my moments of doubt today. The usual ones, kind of " did I bite more than I can chew" types. The most difficult part was cutting that geowool. And those irritating fibers stick everywhere. It is such a pain, that iam dreading even starting tomorrow with all the cutting :(

jenson

Haha...thanks a lot. To be honest, I had my moments of doubt today. The usual ones, kind of " did I bite more than I can chew" types. The most difficult part was cutting that geowool. And those irritating fibers stick everywhere. It is such a pain, that iam dreading even starting tomorrow with all the cutting :(
You are indeed a badass :)

Last edited:

fLUX

Very nice work there @Yelamanchili manohar aka badass babua.

I had a SIY ( See it yourself) experience with bass traps , they had prepared cylindrical cones with the bass trap material then prepared a wooden enclosure , placed the cones and were then stuck to each other via an industrial glue. The fabric of choice was then stapled to the wooden frame tightly and finally entire unit was raised and then same glue was used to make them stick to the wall.

Seemed easy peasy watching it, but I know if I had to do it then either the bass trap or me would have been thrown out of the house for certain.

Hari Iyer

My suggestion as below,
- Add 100gm to 300gm additional Recron fiber stuffing to the TL line to reduce LF resonance.
- the 65 Hz dip correspond to the floor reflection and is a comb filtering issue imo. Try temporally throwing a thick bed or foam on floor to check if that helps.

sud98

I used black spandex, worked from a maintenance perspective as well as from a durability perspective for my bass traps. Its easier to build the frame first but I had a lot of issues in maintaining the triangular pieces esp. while putting them in the frame, so no easy options.

Use gloves/goggles and long sleeves, if geowool is anything like rockwool which is super itchy.

Yelamanchili manohar

Any further updates ;)
Guess you got busy with Navaratri celebrations :D
Hi dinesh :)

Been away travelling for my daughters vacations. Should resume work on the 20th once iam back. By the way I finished the right corner trap too. Now only the back trap, behind the listening position is remaining now. And I already got the wrapping fabric in turquoise. So should be 2 days more work at max :)

hpdinesh

Hi dinesh :)

Been away travelling for my daughters vacations. Should resume work on the 20th once iam back. By the way I finished the right corner trap too. Now only the back trap, behind the listening position is remaining now. And I already got the wrapping fabric in turquoise. So should be 2 days more work at max :)
Thank you for the update and sorry to bother you on your vacation.
Good to know that the front corner trap is done. Will PM you once you complete the back trap too :)