so.. whats in a Naim ?

So what did u migrate to?

What Speakers ?
Went through a few systems after that. I have finally been able to split HT with music. I currently have 2 music's setup, one in living room and one in bedroom

Living room:
- Vandersteen 3A Signatures on sound anchor stands
- Ayre v-5xe amp
- Oppo 203 as CD transport
- Technics 1200 MK2 for analog

Bedroom:
- Totem Acoustic Mani 2 speakers
- Rel S/3 sub
- Peachtree Audio Nova 300 integrated
- iPad for Spotify, Google Music
- Auralic Aries Mini for streaming

HT:
- PSB Imagine T series floor standers and center
- SVS Elevation speakers for atmos
- PSB bookshelves for surround
- Yamaha RXV 763 receiver
- McCormack DNA HT-5 power amp
- Oppo BDP 83
- Nvidia Shield streamer
- SVS PB 12 NSD sub (looking to get a 2nd one but we will see)

sorry the speech to text didnt work:)
Totem speakers are quite good aren't they ?

But I read that the Mani is a speaker whose design can be exploited only by an Amp that has a lot of grunt and a pre Amp that can control the amplifier..

How does the Mani sound to you ?

Request you to put up a few pics on HFV on the appropriate thread.

The Totem Sky is a standmount that's making lot of news as well..

Totem signature bookshelf speakers were what made them uber respectable, Heard them decades ago driven by a tube amp. Left a lasting impression.

The BIS Audio Canada 2 RCA to DIN cables ( NAIM DIN ) are really settling in - they have a vivid quality about them which makes the music "alive"

of course - in comparison to other cables i had...

This one is staying put...:)

Note1 - They make some really nice speaker cables and interconnects too - can be easily googled...

Note2 - Their range of cables - the VIVAT series are suggested to be especially good..

Note 3 : For those technically inclined - there is a full page on the role of an interconnect...

regards

Let it be... Is what the music communicated last night..

Let it be
Oh let it be
Let it be
Oh let it be..

I will give you an answer
Let me be...

:))

Simple... CDP / AMP / Speaker
No listening position.. be comfortable on the couch and enjoy music
If you fall asleep afteelr a long session , the amp and CDP has remote so no issue of keeping equipment ON
Main ingredient of having good music to listen to was in abundance
And the set-up made produced sweet music without worrying too much about audiophile mumbo jumbo
Not that I always don't care about technicalities but in this particular setup the main essence was to relax and enjoy the music
The Philips CDP is a very good find by @mpw
May put to shame many mid priced CDP offerings in the market right now
@mpw thanks for inviting us

I got a pass and seymour cryo points with the power cable for the Nam SN2 and CDP.

I made a simple box.

Used a thick 4sq mm power cable to connect this to the 15 A mains - WALL.

But I find the Indian make 15A wall plugs and sockets to be not as perfect fitting and handshake like USA type sockets.

Any suggestions here ?

I managed to get a few wirenuts to connect this extension board to the mains and to avoid the local ON OFF switch but I hesitate..

I am doing all this as I find it worthwhile and there is a difference in presentation...and i like the idea of tightly connected interfaces.

unnamed1.jpg
unnamed3.jpg
unnamed2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you suggest places to audition naim in bangalore.? iam leaning towards the proac tab 10 (I prefer sealed BS).At this time using nad316bee and Dayens with my diy f.a.s.t 2way sealed.Iam aware from the posts here that a 3lacs or more budget may be needed for naim source,cables,IC and amp.
Are three naim all in ones worth the try. It's only stereo music listening.
Thanks

Can you suggest places to audition naim in bangalore.? iam leaning towards the proac tab 10 (I prefer sealed BS).At this time using nad316bee and Dayens with my diy f.a.s.t 2way sealed.Iam aware from the posts here that a 3lacs or more budget may be needed for naim source,cables,IC and amp.
Are three naim all in ones worth the try. It's only stereo music listening.
Thanks
How does Creek and Rega equivalent models stack up?
Source would be iTunes ,Saavn via iPad.
If I need to get a better dac than dragonfly iam using then one more box added...

hi

hifimart has Naim for sale i see

They might offer audition and warranty too

People like Naim and Rega and Creek for various reasons - you will have to hear them and know what floats your boat

All the 3 are famous British brands and all 3 have very famous founders..technically proficient.

Please add the Sonneteer Alabaster to your list - can be auditioned in Delhi though..

regards
mpw

Does the NAP100 needs any special cables ? Does it work well with other preamps or only naim pre is preferred ?Any owners here. Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back