so.. whats in a Naim ?

nn_in

normally NAP 100 is used with Naim DAC V1 - which has an inbuilt pre amp and this combo is supposed to be excellent

else

in the same 50W range - is the lovely Naim Nait 5si integrated amp

regards

while its not possible ( unfortunately ) to satisfy every taste and every ear - there are many good examples of good system matching producing good music.

the buyer must audition and purchase..

regards

nn_in

normally NAP 100 is used with Naim DAC V1 - which has an inbuilt pre amp and this combo is supposed to be excellent

else

in the same 50W range - is the lovely Naim Nait 5si integrated amp

regards
Thanks.
Assume i just use one rca/analog input to the pwr amp via a BT device (arcam mini blink or equivalent) i really dont need the other inputs and bigger box. My guess is auditioning is difficult for NAP100

http://the-ear.net/review-hardware/naim-nap-100-power-amplifier

the conclusion sums it up i guess..

IMO - you must pick up the amp from where you auditioned and purchased your speakers

thats the best bet for you.

Need not be a Naim at the moment.

regards
Thanks for the response and info share mpw.
I auditioned and got Xavian spkrs(my long post is there in high end audio HFV forum link).Going by this logic at av lounge my only option would have been tube/valve amps which iam not willing to budget and own at this time. Yes i do agree that' s one of the best options ie both amp and spkr at one place.

I saw that.

I suggest you visit reference point in Bangalore and check out Creek amps.

Take your speakers with you or try to take the amplifier home on demo.

There is also an Adcom power Amp on the for sale section.

Many options

Take your time

Play it cool

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that.

I suggest you visit reference point in Bangalore and check out Creek amps.

Take your speakers with you or try to take the amplifier home on demo.

There is also an Adcom power Amp on the for sale section.

Many options

Take your time

Play it cool

Regards
I visited ref point about 1 yr back. Yes the Creek Amps are on my list.

Really enjoyed Forum members giving you an applause. Sure you are the lucky one. Congratulation on your purchase, and keep enjoying more and more, as as by your unit matures to the next level of fine tuning fidelity.
Do keep us posted.

Does the NAP100 needs any special cables ? Does it work well with other preamps or only naim pre is preferred ?Any owners here. Thanks.
Do not play this blind game. Only buy what you will hear with your speakers.

Thanks for the response and info share mpw.
I auditioned and got Xavian spkrs(my long post is there in high end audio HFV forum link).Going by this logic at av lounge my only option would have been tube/valve amps which iam not willing to budget and own at this time. Yes i do agree that' s one of the best options ie both amp and spkr at one place.
Kindly advise what kind of budget are you looking at to put into the desired amplifier, that way you will get better recommendations from other members. At some point of time, you will most certainly need to upgrade your source as well as it is not going to do justice to your speakers abilities,
my humble opinion.

Do not play this blind game. Only buy what you will hear with your speakers.

Kindly advise what kind of budget are you looking at to put into the desired amplifier, that way you will get better recommendations from other members. At some point of time, you will most certainly need to upgrade your source as well as it is not going to do justice to your speakers abilities,
my humble opinion.
Noted with Thanks.

before the Naim Supernait 2, i had the naim nait 5i-2

it was in hibernation for about 6 months.

Pulled it out of its slumber and warmed it up with idle power supply for about 2 hours

connected it to the rig and played it..

wow.. do naim amplifiers get better with age ??

:D

The SN2 does more of everything but little bro is no slouch either..

:)

only change i did was to use the iceage audio power cable into the Naim Nait 5i-2

its a li'l devil this 5i-2 !!

regards

I don't know biamping

Don't want to try

Just want to keep it simple

Regards
+1 to this.

Bi-amping needs 2 similar gain amps, some kind of active crossover between pre and power.
Removing jumper and feeding the LF, MF/HF separately does sounds different, but by only a wee little bit.
Have tried it at home in my rig. Not worth the extra wiring mess.
As @mpw says, it's better to keep it simple.

Cheers,
Raghu

some changes ..

a. Taking power from an adjacent point which has a 4 mm x 3 incoming power from the mains MCB.
This belongs to the AC near my audio rig. The AC is now disconnected.

b. Using a belkin power strip but modified with a 1.5 sq mm x 3 mains lead..

c. The subwoofer mains cable is replaced from the stock 3 core 0.75 mm to 3 core 1.5 sq mm and i think that makes a difference too..

The subwoofer is now in between the speakers and the audio rack is still in between the speakers but more closer to the Left speaker

The system is more alive and more palpable...

Harry belafonte's voice in Live at carnegie hall feels like he is playing here in front of me - the claps... the pauses... the start stops are more accurate and defined while not losing its musicality..and voice.

some more experiments are coming up - i was gifted 2 nos 27 inch by 27 inch audio diffusers

I dont have side walls ( the right side is open and the left is window glass ( covered by thick curtains )

so i plan to use them behind the speakers..

This is subject to WAF and the approvals required for the same as the decor will have to be approved by folks at home..

I think i have become a power cable and power incoming line junkie - i have seen the effects on my system..

Last time Tuff and denom were home and i wasnt happy with the mains power and we experienced high pitch freq coming from the tweeters which was quite unpleasant..

yesterday 2 gents were home as well and i guess we all liked what we heard..

the ghosts are banished now me thinks and whats left is the music..

I encourage all of you to look at the power line that is feeding your audio rig - it will deliver an upgrade for not much cost.

I still have to figure out how to get the AC working in summers but i will find a way with my electrician back from his holiday next month..

You will see the Green Dragon corner trap in the pic as well...

;)

The wiremold L10320 power strip is on holiday till i get some Hubbell USA type plugs and will put that into play since that is rated higher - electrically. But that will be next month..

In the meantime - cacophonix the bard... continues the music and there is much fun around the campfire..

thanks for reading..

regards

some changes ..

a. Taking power from an adjacent point which has a 4 mm x 3 incoming power from the mains MCB.
This belongs to the AC near my audio rig. The AC is now disconnected.

b. Using a belkin power strip but modified with a 1.5 sq mm x 3 mains lead..

c. The subwoofer mains cable is replaced from the stock 3 core 0.75 mm to 3 core 1.5 sq mm and i think that makes a difference too..

The subwoofer is now in between the speakers and the audio rack is still in between the speakers but more closer to the Left speaker

The system is more alive and more palpable...

Harry belafonte's voice in Live at carnegie hall feels like he is playing here in front of me - the claps... the pauses... the start stops are more accurate and defined while not losing its musicality..and voice.

some more experiments are coming up - i was gifted 2 nos 27 inch by 27 inch audio diffusers

I dont have side walls ( the right side is open and the left is window glass ( covered by thick curtains )

so i plan to use them behind the speakers..

This is subject to WAF and the approvals required for the same as the decor will have to be approved by folks at home..

I think i have become a power cable and power incoming line junkie - i have seen the effects on my system..

Last time Tuff and denom were home and i wasnt happy with the mains power and we experienced high pitch freq coming from the tweeters which was quite unpleasant..

yesterday 2 gents were home as well and i guess we all liked what we heard..

the ghosts are banished now me thinks and whats left is the music..

I encourage all of you to look at the power line that is feeding your audio rig - it will deliver an upgrade for not much cost.

I still have to figure out how to get the AC working in summers but i will find a way with my electrician back from his holiday next month..

You will see the Green Dragon corner trap in the pic as well...

;)

The wiremold L10320 power strip is on holiday till i get some Hubbell USA type plugs and will put that into play since that is rated higher - electrically. But that will be next month..

In the meantime - cacophonix the bard... continues the music and there is much fun around the campfire..

thanks for reading..

regards

View attachment 34249View attachment 34251

So you are now tasting the same medicine that you gave me. Best of luck.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back