so.. whats in a Naim ?

Nice to know the upgrade bug is live & kicking.
Congrats on the power chord discovery.
Hopefully you will discover a suitable belkin replacement too.
So as I always hope.
All the best.

Wiremold power strip..

Coming up.

It's nothing fancy

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I am in the process of upgrading my input power to all my gears using a Balanced isolation transformer. Hope my gamble pays well.
An isolation transformer should be the starting point of any Audio or AV setup.

wanted to use the DIN connection on the Naim Supernait 2 so i have this - an RCA to DIN interconnect..

it looks pretty simple and is not too costly ( audio is .... relatively speaking ofcourse )

its on the amp since yesterday..

View attachment 30022

replaced belden 8402 rca rca interconnects
Are these DIN to RCA from Naim ? What brand are these ? DIN connects come in 4 / 5 / 7 point types I believe . Not sure what SN2 uses

What kind of improvements did this cable made to stock naim cable. I have heard stock naim cable is best.

There is another card I have to play... a BIS Audio RCA to DIN cable.

For some reason I am feeling apprehensive to try it.

Its quite costly.

It's a loaner .

Just sitting back over the next few evenings and playing the music as it is at the moment..

I will comment on your queries after a week or so...

i think i can answer your questions - even w/o trying out the "higher level" RCA to DIN

Ustad Rashid Khan is in the house and i dont feel like the music should end - though they will in the end.

Most certainly - i feel i have benefitted from this replacement of stock power cable -= both for the source and the amp.

The system is very relaxed.

The bass is deeper and cleaner.

My audio rig is not in competition with other systems at a higher price point.

What I am trying to do is to Max out the potential of my current system by going back to basics.

The power input to the black boxes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now trying the BIS Audio Canada RCA to DIN

Thought tonight after 3 hours of Hindustani Classical was a good time to change.

Will report back in a week

Once the ears settle down...

:))

Realize joining this discussion a tad late...as a previous Naim owner (Nait3 and Uniti), I felt the best performance when it was most neutral was when you had all components from the same brand. Any change in cables or upstream components were felt immediately. It’s v sublime in how the recordings are presented in such a asystem. This is also a reason to have good quality recordings when playing through these systems.

Realize joining this discussion a tad late...as a previous Naim owner (Nait3 and Uniti), I felt the best performance when it was most neutral was when you had all components from the same brand. Any change in cables or upstream components were felt immediately. It’s v sublime in how the recordings are presented in such a asystem. This is also a reason to have good quality recordings when playing through these systems.

Hi marsilians

agree with what you say.

regards

what was the rest of your system with the Nait 3 and Uniti ??

what was the rest of your system with the Nait 3 and Uniti ??
The majority consensus for speaker cable was the Naca 5 with 3.5 mtrs length and termination by Naim itself (to ensure the appropriate impedance. For connecting the Uniti, I had the 5 pin DIN cable. And a Thorens TD 124 MK2 turntable. Towards the end I was purchasing a Rega CD player and had it hooked to the Naim but I didnt enjoy it at all.

The majority consensus for speaker cable was the Naca 5 with 3.5 mtrs length and termination by Naim itself (to ensure the appropriate impedance. For connecting the Uniti, I had the 5 pin DIN cable. And a Thorens TD 124 MK2 turntable. Towards the end I was purchasing a Rega CD player and had it hooked to the Naim but I didnt enjoy it at all.
So what did u migrate to?

What Speakers ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back