so.. whats in a Naim ?

Try using some bass traps, they make even more difference to me. Also try isolation on sources and amps. Holy Trinity of sound is room, isolation and power, not hardware.

Bass trap probably not needed in mpw's room. There's no bass boom or overhang (when I last heard about two weeks ago). In fact the sound is the best I've ever heard his room play in many years of visiting him. Not heard after the Skylines were installed.

Isolation of equipments is something he could experiment with if he wishes.

Setup complete, enjoying NAIM :)

Must admit -> NAIM music > > > Marantz NR1509 (AVR as Pre Amp ) + NAIM as Power Amp.

Enjoy pic of setup.

Attachments

• Marantz - Naim.jpg
    Marantz - Naim.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 71
Any feedback on Naim XS2 amplifier? While Naims are supposed to be great amps.. User feedback on net seems to be somewhat mixed?

X man

Not possible to make everybody happy

this is true for almost everything

happiness here depends on synergy, room and speakers

So tell us what you are pairing with in your own thread for more focussed replies..

Or visit the Naim Forum... You will get more insights there.

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
X man

Not possible to make everybody happy

this is true for almost everything

happiness here depends on synergy, room and speakers

So tell us what you are pairing with in your own thread for more focussed replies..

Or visit the Naim Forum... You will get more insights there.

regards

Monitor Audio Rx6 silver - thinking of an upgrade vs, my marantz PM 7004

Today got a chance to experience Naim and yes it was great moment.When I entered the hall,some soft kind of music was being played .At that time ,I was not sure if naim can really impress me.Well then some interesting tracks were played and yes,Naim started catching my attention.Initially CDs were played from Philips CDp which has warm presentation.I was trying to find the so called sweet spot and I could find it in the mid position.At regular sitting position,I was struggling to get a near perfect sound,but as said slightly ahead of sitting area,I enjoyed the setup well.I can feel power of Naim and perfect instrument timbers there .Vocals well defined and drum punch was perfect.Bass was tight and treble had good level of details.
Then we started Turn table and sound was to the next level. TT had almost no hiss and I could enjoy it very well.We compared a copied CD with that of vinyl,and vinyl was far ahead. Soundstage was much bigger.It was the matter of how well recorded track can sound.The subwoofer connected was also adding some lowend.
Finally it was a great time spent and yes Naim setup is addictive.

I like the music with the diffusers

It makes me wonder what the hell was i listening to for so many years !!!

and what was i jumping up and down about ??

It does, doesn't it? It is an incredibly humbling experience when this happens.

It makes me wonder if lesser electronics coupled with a good room and clean power would have sufficed ??

IMO, the answer to that question would be yes. Even if the vast majority of the industry would be loathe to admit it.

by next weekend - for an experiment i plan repl ( diffuser ) = with 6 inch thk absorber panels behind the speakers at the first reflection points

just want to see the difference

hope to get better results..

playing about with these things at the moment..

regards

beautiful mpw...would be a pleasure to listen to music in this setup. whats your listening position ?

mpw, awesome. I like the way you have integrated the panels with the decor. They don’t look out of place. A long time visit is still pending :)

some pics of the absorber i used and the framing - some of you might be interested

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpgframe3.jpg

The material used is from Aural Exchange - Nankarrow Geowool - 2 inch thick

Look up on their website for more information..

I encourage you to try this out - doesnt cost too much as compared to investing in ( upgrade ) electronics..

regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back