SOIC8 to DIP-8

suraj

Hello,
I recently purchased some BUF634-U's and a couple of Analog devices opamps,all in SOIC8 package.now i could just directly solder them onto the PCB but want to have the option of being able to roll opamps and experiment.for this,i need SOIC8 to DIP8 adapters.the plain soic8 to dip8,not the 2xSoic to 1x DIP8.
I tried things like this

and also soldering the soic chip to machined IC sockets,but botched it due to over heating and as a result,i lost 2 ic's. :mad:
Also,due to humidity,the humidity markers the ic's shipped with have started acting up and i guess i will be in trouble due to the ic's absorbing too much moisture.
So,i thought of the next option-pre made adapters.I have a opa2134ua mounted on a browndog adapter,but these are too costly for a single adapter.
Can i buy these adapters at SP Road,Bangalore?or can i buy them online?
Any suggestions,Please?

Thanks and Regards
Suraj

Thanks for the reply,
I did look on ebay and have bookmarked a few deals,but i dont have a CC.I do have a paypal account,but its is not activated and i dont know how it works to use it either,so that bogged me down too.
I liked the quality of the browndog pcbs,so i am not really sure how good the ebay ones are.
So i hoped it would be possible to get it locally,so i could see and decide how good the make is.

nsk electronics on sp road keeps various smd adaptors. call him to see if he carries this one.

I did enquire with him,was about 6 months back though.he has/had soic8 adapters,but they will not fit into the dip8 package.the pins are spaced further apart.

indeed.i need just SOIC to dip8.I do have single channel opamps but have reserved them only for single channel use or they are default DIP8.
So,the link i posted,shall i go for that or have you purchased anyother that you would recommend?

indeed.i need just SOIC to dip8.I do have single channel opamps but have reserved them only for single channel use or they are default DIP8.
So,the link i posted,shall i go for that or have you purchased any other that you would recommend?

IMO, DIP8 is package name of those size of 8-pin part. In that you can put Dual Op AMP or Single OP Amp ICs as per design of your application. What you want is single OP Amp adapter (SOIC8-DIP8) which is pointed by you. I am only using 2XSOIC8-DIP8 adapter.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back